Request for Display Dynamic HZ info

marchbiking

@Martin , would LOVE if youd be able to do me a proper solid by adding dynamic HZ readout for Displays , need it for RTSS , Unwinder cant do it ...already asked,

he managed to add dynamic resolution detection , but not dynamic HZ aka frequency detection , really need this to complete my OSD experience , and since you pretty much are the pro at creating readouts , i thought id ask you for a favor

also if possible would you please add the shared memory support to the free features, i hate having to reenable it every 12 hours , need it for RTSS of course , thanks and keep up the killer work on HWinfo64 , killer stuff for sure

not freesync or gsync specific ...just simply the frequency that the display is currently running at, people that need this like me , i use it for making sure my display is running at required frequency ...since some games, apps , movies etc run at different frequencies , also sometimes at frequencies it isnt supposed to be running at , so i use it as troubleshooter as well , hence the much needed request would help me out alot

not freesync or gsync specific ...just simply the frequency that the display is currently running at, people that need this like me , i use it for making sure my display is running at required frequency ...since some games, apps , movies etc run at different frequencies , also sometimes at frequencies it isnt supposed to be running at , so i use it as troubleshooter as well , hence the much needed request would help me out alot
Think i understand im not even sure if that is possible, it would be very usefull indeed like a gsync / freesync indicator that things are working properly, if set my gsync panel in past to display this on osd of monitor instead to see if it matched my fps figuring out that it ran way out of sync when running bordeless window for example even glitching out and causing issues.
I got a 6900 xt this week so i have to wait for my new panel in june first

well found out that Aida64 has this sensor included ....maybe check it out , might be able to get a solution ...besides having to get Aida64 in addition ....

How is that sensor called in AIDA64? Please attach a screenshot showing it.
its called Vertical Refresh Rate .....also known as HZ to the general public

heres its sensor being discussed by people and its dev

and if possible a sensor that reads the full system time as such if possible>

22:32:33 15.August 2021 .....for example, wanted that one also for a long time now

Attachments

• vertical refresh sensor.png
    vertical refresh sensor.png
    29.7 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Just to be clear, this is not an hardware "sensor". All that line does in Aida is display the currently used desktop refresh rate. This will NOT update/sync with VRR (G-sync or Freesync). It will only display the current windows set refresh rate, which should correspond to the max refresh rate of VRR, not the current when fluctuating.

Maybe this can be useful for some, I guess..

The question is: Is it possible to read the communication between the GPU driver and the monitor EDID? I`m not sure this info is widely available and even if it is, this seems like a ton of work...

Just my 2 cents

Last edited:
actually what your talking about is even more advanced....instead of just showing the current HZ of current window its reading....your talking about fluctuating HZ , if possible....sure id be up for it, but ill take the simple current HZ sensor also

Last edited:
Actually would be quite useful and less annoying then doing few clicks at monitor just to check if something is working correctly, freesync as example i realized can randomly bug altho if not found out what causes the issue at times, just knowning changing refreshrate 1 step lower and then set back to max resolves it until it bugs again, thank god its rare issue.

Back