RTX 4070 - HWINFO64 Thermal Throttling while undervolted.

Stargazer_04

Hi everyone,

I'd just like to know how and why the "Performance Limit - Thermal" of my GPU indicates a "Yes" while my core temp is just at 59.7C while the hotspot is at 77.4C. I've undervolted my RTX 4070 to about 950mV @ 2600MHz. My Memory Clock has just +400MHz. Moreover, the "Performance Limit - Thermal" never indicates a "Yes" at stock settings of my GPU.

Hoping any of you know the answer and possible solution to this. Thank you!

Thermals1.png

Attachments

• UV1.png
    UV1.png
    203.3 KB · Views: 3
  • UV2.png
    UV2.png
    39.6 KB · Views: 3
Thats is happening to me too. I also see it a thermal limit for a split second in a MSI Afterburner too. I dont think that this is a bug with hwinfo. It's just what the card/driver is reporting.
I notice that the jump of thermal limit is happening (and not every time) only for the moment when the load on the gpu stop (e.g. quit the game).
And it's being like this for me for the past two or three nvidia generations (i always have undervolt and water block and the temperatures are always good).

Thats is happening to me too. I also see it a thermal limit for a split second in a MSI Afterburner too. I dont think that this is a bug with hwinfo. It's just what the card/driver is reporting.
I notice that the jump of thermal limit is happening (and not every time) only for the moment when the load on the gpu stop (e.g. quit the game).
And it's being like this for me for the past two or three nvidia generations (i always have undervolt and water block and the temperatures are always good).
So everything's good as long as temps are great?

Back