Sensor/Temperature Reading Disabled

First let me thank you for a truly spectacular program :) . It's just what i was looking for considering when i start to play World of Warcraft [Very processor dependent] after a short bit of time my fan starts running loudly and i drop major frames; this is because my processor begins to heat up substantially. Everything was going fine, until i wanted to make it so that as soon as my laptop starts up the fan would kick in at full power to keep my laptop as cool as possible. These are the steps i am taking to do so: 1: I click on the fan icon at the bottom of the sensors list to bring up the RPM scrolly thingy. 2: I click the custom option so that i can make it turn on when either of my processors are at 0 degrees. However, this is when my troubles begin. When i click the first dropdown box to choice which piece of hardware to reference off of, then click my first core, it tells me that the "sensory/temperature reading is disabled for this device". It also tells me that i need to enable it in the sensory options?? I am not sure if what i am doing is wrong, but bottom line i am curious about why my cores are not being monitored for temperature. If you could help me out with this it would be greatly appreciated!!
PS: I have a Dell Latitude D830 with a "Intel Core 2 Duo CPU T9300 2.5 GHz" processor.

Thanks! :D

I'm not sure what happened, but you if those sensors you want to use as source are disabled, you should see them in the main sensors window with a red X icon.
Also, you haven't specified exactly which values you want to use.
Maybe posting a few screenshots (main sensors window and fan control window) would make it more clear.

Martin said:
I'm not sure what happened, but you if those sensors you want to use as source are disabled, you should see them in the main sensors window with a red X icon.
Also, you haven't specified exactly which values you want to use.
Maybe posting a few screenshots (main sensors window and fan control window) would make it more clear.

Yeah, nothing in the main sensor window has a red X, but here are the screenshots for a better look:

[attachment=1231] Nothing has a red X on it.

[attachment=1232] On this window i click the "custom auto" button to get to the next screenshot.

[attachment=1233] This is where the problem occurs, when i select the processor to measure off of, i get this warning message(Which i am confused about)

Thanks!

Attachments

• Sensor Menu.JPG
    Sensor Menu.JPG
    97.1 KB · Views: 17
  • Fan Control.JPG
    Fan Control.JPG
    41.1 KB · Views: 18
  • Processor.JPG
    Processor.JPG
    79.7 KB · Views: 17
I see that you have selected the sensor, but on the next line you need to choose the particular value (Temperature 1 source).

Yeah, i'm still having issues :/

[attachment=1238]

If this is what you meant about choosing the particular value, it works for a few minutes if i tell it to do so manually. However, i do not think it is actually reading the temp of my processor as the fan shuts off shuts off as the CPU gets hotter and hotter.

Attachments

• Temps.JPG
    Temps.JPG
    43.6 KB · Views: 17
Yes, that should be the correct configuration, though you don't need to setup the Sensor 2 since it's same as the first one.
If the fan switches off, then I think the problem is in the firmware.

Back