[split] No values reported on Windows XP SP2 x86

Chozo4

Tested this out and the skin loaded but seems unable to get any sensor readings whatsoever through rainmeter. Shared memory is enabled and readable with the included utility. I'd updated the HWID's accordingly in the skin based on what was supplied and not a single entry is pulling a value [other than 0] from any of the ID's. Rainmeter logs show no evidence of errors with the skin other than an entry of a successful load of the skin. Permissions are not an issue as well as I use a full unrestricted user.

Rainmeter version is current as of this posting.
Operating system used is Windows XP SP2 x86.

I would attach debug reports in hopes that it would be of assistance with the 3rd party plugin but attempting attachments yields a '404' board message for me so links are provided. Unsure if this is the appropriate forum for specific 3rd party plugin debugging or if the primary hwinfo32 forum was appropriate for all forms including 3rd party integration and not just 1st party.

Reports:
http://rwinds.no-ip.org/~archive/RYVIUS.HTM
http://rwinds.no-ip.org/~archive/HWiNFO32.DBG

RE: Rainmeter plug-in for HWiNFO

Chozo4 said:
Tested this out and the skin loaded but seems unable to get any sensor readings whatsoever through rainmeter. Shared memory is enabled and readable with the included utility. I'd updated the HWID's accordingly in the skin based on what was supplied and not a single entry is pulling a value [other than 0] from any of the ID's. Rainmeter logs show no evidence of errors with the skin other than an entry of a successful load of the skin. Permissions are not an issue as well as I use a full unrestricted user.

Oh boy.....Windows XP still? And SP2? I'll be honest, although I do not foresee any issues with XP, I did not explicitly test this configuration. And given the shared memory viewer works fine, I'm not sure offhand where the issue lies.

I will try to dig up an old XP machine to test it on. Please give me a few days and I'll reply back.

Thanks,
Nick

Tested it on a fresh installed windows 7 SP1 x86 and seem to be experiencing the same issue. Tried using both the rainmeter final and beta on that system. Only similarities I note is that both systems are AMD based though doubt it would be an issue there. Will update on any further testing as I'll look into trying it on my old XP-based Intel laptop.

Chozo4 said:
Tested it on a fresh installed windows 7 SP1 x86 and seem to be experiencing the same issue. Tried using both the rainmeter final and beta on that system. Only similarities I note is that both systems are AMD based though doubt it would be an issue there. Will update on any further testing as I'll look into trying it on my old XP-based Intel laptop.

Thanks for letting me know.

I used to hex boot XP/Vista/7 both 32 and 64 bit versions......but when I last replaced my hardware I only installed dual booted Windows 7 & 8, both 64 bit. I found I was never using the other OSs, even when developing/testing. I still need to track down a XP x86 system, and will reply back here shortly.

Chozo4 said:

I've been able to reproduce this on a system as well, with the same results as yours. All initial tests seems fine, so I need dig in a little deeper. I'll reply back here shortly with results.

EDIT: I've found to root of the issue. The HWiNFOID is not being parsed properly in the release build for the 32 bit dll. However, the 32 bit debug build DOES work properly, as do both builds for 64 bit. So now I'm trying to debug the 32 bit release build to find where it breaks down, and the debug build does not. This may take a few as debugging info is limited in release mode.

stangowner said:
Chozo4 said:

I've been able to reproduce this on a system as well, with the same results as yours. All initial tests seems fine, so I need dig in a little deeper. I'll reply back here shortly with results.

EDIT: I've found to root of the issue. The HWiNFOID is not being parsed properly in the release build for the 32 bit dll. However, the 32 bit debug build DOES work properly, as do both builds for 64 bit. So now I'm trying to debug the 32 bit release build to find where it breaks down, and the debug build does not. This may take a few as debugging info is limited in release mode.

This issue has been resolved. You can download version 1.0.1 from the first post:
http://www.hwinfo.com/forum/Thread-Rainmeter-plug-in-for-HWiNFO?pid=2636#pid2636

Let me know how you make out. Thanks!
Nick

Well, just checked the new revision and it seems to be working just fine without issues now. Just tested under the following systems:

[x86] Windows XP Professional SP2 [As well as my bare-bones 79mb console-only version of XP-SP2]
[x86] Windows Server 2003 Enterprise SP2
[x86] Windows 7 SP1

I have some other builds from earlier windows so will give them a try sometime when I get the chance but it's pretty safe to assume it shouldn't have any issues under x32 in any of them long as they support Rainmeter and HWiNFO. Thank you Stangowner for all of your hard work in resolving this issue as this pretty much made my day for an all around monitoring solution integrated with Rainmeter. Now to get to making a skin to report most of the values I'll be using...

Out of curiosity, is there any possibility to get a copy of the debug-version as all? No real reason other than for preferences sakes really since I tend to enjoy using debug/beta builds of things.

Chozo4 said:
Well, just checked the new revision and it seems to be working just fine without issues now. Just tested under the following systems:

[x86] Windows XP Professional SP2 [As well as my bare-bones 79mb console-only version of XP-SP2]
[x86] Windows Server 2003 Enterprise SP2
[x86] Windows 7 SP1

I have some other builds from earlier windows so will give them a try sometime when I get the chance but it's pretty safe to assume it shouldn't have any issues under x32 in any of them long as they support Rainmeter and HWiNFO. Thank you Stangowner for all of your hard work in resolving this issue as this pretty much made my day for an all around monitoring solution integrated with Rainmeter. Now to get to making a skin to report most of the values I'll be using...

Out of curiosity, is there any possibility to get a copy of the debug-version as all? No real reason other than for preferences sakes really since I tend to enjoy using debug/beta builds of things.

That's great. Thanks for letting me know, and for testing it on so many builds. I tested it on XP SP3 x86 and the 32-bit version of Rainmeter running on Windows 7 x64.

Functionally the debug build is no different, just has debugger info to bloat it. So I'd rather not. If you want to help test future builds, that would be good though.

Make sure you post a pic of your skin when you're done making it. Would love to see what you end up doing with it.

Back