Support of RTSS - Displaying HWiNFO sensor values in Games

RE: Support of RTSS - Displaying HWiNFO32 sensor values in Games

chumanga said:
Another "issue" to ask. With AB 4.3.0+RTSS6.6.0 HWinfo OSD works properly but with newest Beta it keep causing HWinfo OSD to disappear sometimes. Unwinder says there is no problem in new RTSS, so can be HWinfo causing the issue with newest RTSS?

I have no clue anymore of the cause. Firstly i thought it was refresh period from RTSS causing issue, because the lower i marked looked like more frequently HWinfo OSD blinked, but i dont know if it's correctly.

It disappear for a single frame then comeback, take variable time to happen. After 3 seconds or even 1 minute. If you need i can upload a video to show.

This is really strange and not easy to diagnose what exactly is causing this.
Can you please try to change OSD settings in HWiNFO (i.e. remove some sensors from OSD, change their settings) and see if you can find which setting does cause the problem ?

There is no doubt, RTSS framerate refresh period and Video recording is the main issue for it. HWinfo is at 1000ms refresh period, by default RTSS is 1000ms for framerate too. If i keep RTSS at default then no blink for HWinfo. If i decrease RTSS framerate refresh period to 500, 200, 100 or 0ms then HWinfo blinking start. Low values for RTSS refresh period intensifies HWinfo blinking.

If i keep RTSS 1000ms but i start video recording then HWinfo blinking occur with high rate like every few seconds.

I uninstalled AB 4.4.0 and installed 4.3.0 and keep same HWinfo version, i make RTSS refresh period to 100ms in AB 4.3.0 and there was no blinking.

Then it looks like an RTSS/AB problem?

So done two videos to show the problem. Firstly i recorded with NVIDIA shadowplay with Desktop mode, 2 minutes video. From 0 to 41 seconds i keep RTSS refresh at 100ms and you can notice 2 blink at 13 and 23 seconds respectively. From 41 to 01:40 minutes i keep RTSS at 0ms and there blinks intensifies to like at least one blink every 5 seconds or less. After 01:40 minute i change RTSS to 500ms and until the end of video you can notice than blink disappear.

I done a second video game recording with Afteburner and keep RTSS at 500ms, you can see than blink is very frequently which differs from NVIDIA recording with RTSS 500ms where blink was more rarely.

Shadowplay Desktop recording + RTSS at different refresh values: https://youtu.be/bgIXWpwBSc8

Afterburner game recording +RTSS at 500ms: https://youtu.be/Bn1UWZ4d3Z0

Without recording blinks can happen but very rarely, sometimes take minutes to just one occur. Is difficult(time consuming) to monitor blink for high refresh period values.

Hey Martin, just to update. I reinstalled old version of HWinfo 3185 and blink stopped. Looks like some glitch with latest version.

Are you using any new features of the RTSS like graphs or custom OSD item colors ?

I keep AB 4.4.0 and RTSS Beta 26 at all default settings, classic colors and no graphs. HWinfo 3190 same classic mode, no colors nor graphs and still blink. I tried various settings and nothing worked out.

Hwinfo 3185 works fine with any settings from AB and RTSS.

Has anyone been able to get the maximum/average sensors to read using RTSS OSD?

Whenever I use one of those two, it only displays the minimum.

This bug should be fixed already. Please try the latest Beta version of HWiNFO.

Martin said:
This bug should be fixed already. Please try the latest Beta version of HWiNFO.

It worked, thanks!

O7UHrLZ.png

1. Why instead "Mhz" there are "..-" symbols close to Core #0/1/2/3?
2. Can I customize font to get same fonts in RTSS/HWINFO ingame OSD?

1. Check your RTSS settings in HWiNFO as I think this is caused by some setting there.
2. Not sure what exactly you mean, but I think that font in RTSS depends on render settings there.

1. Everything looks fine:

5Mo9NHz.png

2. Nope. You can change font in RTSS but it seems you can't in HWINFO

xnS85cy.png

1. Check what units you have set in the "Custom" tab
2. Applications like HWiNFO cannot specify font type for RTSS output, this can only be set in RTSS

Martin said:
1. Check what units you have set in the "Custom" tab
2. Applications like HWiNFO cannot specify font type for RTSS output, this can only be set in RTSS

grBQY8T.png

2. Seems like changing font in RTSS doesn't affect on HWINFO font

Please try the latest HWiNFO Beta version (5.55) and uncheck the "Units in superscript" option in OSD (RTSS) if enabled.

Never liked to use beta ver. I will stick and wait for next release as its not a big issue to be honest. Thanks!

HWiNFO Beta versions are fully functional and usually provide additional fixes/updates. You can use it without any concerns.
Anyway, the next release will happen very soon.

I have update HWiNFO to the newest ver. and problem fixed. Thanks
RthCBni.png

Thanks for the feedback.

Back