Unexpected system shutdown and reboot when editing video

bluebeltlife

Hi Martin,

Thanks for your work in developing this system monitor and forum. It looks like most of the reports here relate to issues involving HWiNFO, but I am hoping the debug report can shed some light on an issue I have had for nearly the life of the PC I built in 2014. In short, I get unexpected system shutdown and reboots while working with video in Adobe Premiere Elements (and previously working with images in PowerPoint). I have turned off automatic restart on system failure. Here are some quick spec's, and the problem and things I have attempted to correct it are explained in detail here.

ASUS Z97-PRO(Wi-Fi ac)
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790K
Memory Corsair CMY16GX3M2A1866C9 8GB x2
Graphics NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti
PSU Seasonic SeaSonic M12II 620 Bronze

I am getting a "413 Request Entity Too Large" error when trying to attach .dbg file here, so here is a Google Drive link to it.

Happy to provide more details if helpful. Any light you can shed would be much appreciated!

Chris

Does the problem occur also when HWiNFO is not running? I just want to exclude the possibility that it's somehow related to the crash.
I also saw that you're using the CAM software. Try to run without any other such monitoring tool.

Martin said:
Does the problem occur also when HWiNFO is not running? I just want to exclude the possibility that it's somehow related to the crash.
I also saw that you're using the CAM software. Try to run without any other such monitoring tool.

Hi Martin,

The crash occurs when no monitoring software is running - it is completely unrelated to the software. I started trying different monitoring software to see if they could provide some insight on the source of the crash. I no longer use CAM. HWiNFO is the only monitoring software I have running currently.

Thanks,
Chris

Such problem can have many reasons and is very tough to diagnose. The attached Debug File doesn't indicate any problem like overheating for example.
It could be quite likely GPU related, perhaps drivers.. It could also be a PSU insufficiency.
Another thing I'd suggest to check is the memory - run the Memtest86+ using a bootable media to check for potential errors.

Martin said:
Such problem can have many reasons and is very tough to diagnose. The attached Debug File doesn't indicate any problem like overheating for example.
It could be quite likely GPU related, perhaps drivers.. It could also be a PSU insufficiency.
Another thing I'd suggest to check is the memory - run the Memtest86+ using a bootable media to check for potential errors.

Hi Martin,

Thanks for the insight and for taking a look into the file to see if there were any oddities. I have taken the temps up using Prime95 and it passed that so I confirm that overheating doesn't appear to be the issue. I have tried the Unigine Superposition benchmark to stress the GPU, but it passed that. I wasn't able to get OCCT, supposedly a way to check the PSU, to run when I tried it last year. I will try the Memetest86+ you recommended and report back any interesting results.

Back