2080 super performance thermal limit 1

Bukkar

Hi,

I’ve had the thermal limit 1 pop up sometimes in the performance section of the gpu. This happened constantly yesterday while the gpu didn’t go above 58 but didn’t happen at all today with gpu hitting 60 max. I’m confused as to what this means? Is something on my card overheating? It’s inside an Alienware area 51m r2.

I do not get any fps drops when this happens and I’m never actually getting throttled. This has been popping up for months I always assumed it was to do with the boost clock not boosting anymore because it’s hit a comfortable temperature?

anyway any help would be great as I would rather know if it was hardware related and open it up re apply thermal pads if necessary.

thankyou

That performance of the GPU was reduced from maximum (clock) due to a thermal trip event.

That performance of the GPU was reduced from maximum (clock) due to a thermal trip event.
Oh okay so that just sounds like what the 2xxx series does. Heard from many sources that it lowers its clock every 10 degrees or so. Thank you for clearing that up I love the detail of hwinfo

Back