7.42 update causes iCUE fans to flash off/on every 2-4 seconds

I was searching for reasons why this symptom was occurring and landed on this thread. I have the same issue and it is HWinfo but I am using 7.46-5110

It wont go away, seems its more a Corsair issue best thing to do is just disable the monitoring on the AIO.

H170I elite Capellix and Commander Core XT,
icue software v5.3.102
HWiNFO64 v7.51-5165
windows 11 pro v10.0.22621 build 22621

Running HWInfo causes loss of fan control and LEDs to dim/turn off.
Latest stable hwinfo causes LEDs to flash white and loss of fan control.

I then have to quit hwinfo and restart icue.

Using the beta version stated I have to disable corsair support and then I don't have the problem.

For me hwinfo turnoff rgb light, not possible to keep monitoring of commander core and light on with HWinfo ?

Thanks a lot

It wont go away, seems its more a Corsair issue best thing to do is just disable the monitoring on the AIO.
how can I disable the monitoring on the AIO?
I already disable the CorsairLink and Asetek support but I still have issues with icue and hwinfo when both software are running.

Disabling "CorsairLink and Asetek support" option in main settings of HWiNFO should do it. What problems do you have?

Disabling "CorsairLink and Asetek support" option in main settings of HWiNFO should do it. What problems do you have?

If iCue is running and then I run HwInfo, LEDs on my fans and on my RAMs starts behaving weirdly with small hiccups, sometimes the LEDs on the RAM stops working at all...

Then that's a different conflict on SMBus. Unfortunately Corsair is known for not playing nice with anything else and no will to fix that.

I had no problems on the same system some months ago, I don't know if it was an hwinfo update or an icue update to bring this problem on my PC.

Just disable monitoring on hwinfo (Right click Corsair Commander CORE or what ever your Corsair device is called and disable monitoring) it was worth a shot to try to get it to work, but i guess with Corsair not playing ball its better to just disable it, once its disabled in hwinfo my rgb works fine.

Just disable monitoring on hwinfo (Right click Corsair Commander CORE or what ever your Corsair device is called and disable monitoring) it was worth a shot to try to get it to work, but i guess with Corsair not playing ball its better to just disable it, once its disabled in hwinfo my rgb works fine.
once disabled the "CorsairLink and Asetek support" option in main settings of HWiNFO I see no corsair devices in the monitoring section

This wont work as the collision is most likely with the SMBus, not the Corsair service, so disabling "CorsairLink and Asetek support" option will not prevent this from happening. You will need to either disable the RAM monitoring in HWinfo or stop using iCue for the RAM.

Sadly unless Corsair implement the usage of the Global\Access_SMBUS.HTP.Method in iCue, this is what will happen. Don`t hold your breath tho since, as Martin mentionned: ``Unfortunately Corsair is known for not playing nice with anything else and no will to fix that``.

Back