7.42 update causes iCUE fans to flash off/on every 2-4 seconds

With version 5034 i only see Coolant Temp but LED's are now working.
Also i dont ever run icue or any of there services in the background, i only update the software when i know there is a new firmware for the device.

Attachments

• hwinfo.jpg
    hwinfo.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 7
i just ended up going back to 7.42 - 5000, the ram randomly shows 67c on the senser but its for a split second so i assume its the hotspot being picked up by HWinfo

I had issues with 7.42 for the fist time with this app.
Now Beta 7.43-5040 running fine.
No issues on Corsair H170i fans LEDS neither on fans speeds.
Icue software running on background.

I had issues with 7.42 for the fist time with this app.
Now Beta 7.43-5040 running fine.
No issues on Corsair H170i fans LEDS neither on fans speeds.
Icue software running on background.

Thanks for your feedback!

Do you guys have icue running or disabled, for me, 5040 the sensors all work (pump, coolant and fans) but all the LED's are off. This is with icue and all the services disabled, oh and i am also using a h170i.

iCUE is one issue here which can rather cause invalid/random results or the device going wild.
Another point IMO is that it depends on how the device is configured - if it's configured for hardware mode only. HWiNFO when monitoring, will switch it into software/programmable mode as it seems that only in this mode the data can be read. And that might be the reason why your LEDs switch off.

Commander Core XT is bunk. I have one, but it's not long for this world. With the latest beta (5040), HWiNFO reports voltage and RPM on both the core xt and the pro, but with icue completely uninstalled, the core xt LEDs flash periodically while using SignalRGB. I get the impression Corsair is working harder to make their products difficult if not impossible to use by 3rd party tools.

Hi,
What version should I use? 7.42?
I first discovered this issue when I tried to link HWinfo to my stream deck. Also, I am using the H150i ELITE LCD, and once I launch HWinfo, not only does it affect the rgb by flashing (as already known) but it prevents me from controlling the pump speeds and fan speeds. For example when I try to change it so that the RPM can be increased for better cooling, corsair does not respond at all and it is kept at the same speed here are some images.
1681246830336.png1681246848353.png
As you can see both presets do not effect the RPM. - I also have iCUE running at all times.

Hi,
What version should I use? 7.42?
I first discovered this issue when I tried to link HWinfo to my stream deck. Also, I am using the H150i ELITE LCD, and once I launch HWinfo, not only does it affect the rgb by flashing (as already known) but it prevents me from controlling the pump speeds and fan speeds. For example when I try to change it so that the RPM can be increased for better cooling, corsair does not respond at all and it is kept at the same speed here are some images.
View attachment 9067View attachment 9068
As you can see both presets do not effect the RPM. - I also have iCUE running at all times.

Use latest Beta v7.43

I don't know if somebody answered about the flikering already but I found a temporary solution on the latest beta 7.43-5055 by simply disabling the Corsair Commander sensor status in HWINFO

1681999433153.png

Yeah this is how mine is currently, been like that since the first beta's for 7.43. My h170i is in hardware mode.

Hi ... running version 7.43-5055 beta with Corsair ecosystem. H150i AIO and two Commander Core Xts. The fan LEDs blink sharply every 5 seconds or so. Granted this is better than before with earlier versions that blinked or flashed about every 2-3 seconds or so. iCUE is running in the background and has to, in order to program fan speeds and LED colors upon bootup.

When HWInfo exists, then the blinking stops.

I would just disable HWinfo monitoring for your AIO for now, this also happens without icue running. This is how i have mine setup.

That unfortunately seems to be the only solution. Engineers that designed the Commander Core protocol probably never expected that someone will like to monitor the device without "commanding" it.
I better won't make any further comments about that protocol because it makes me sad and upset...

That unfortunately seems to be the only solution. Engineers that designed the Commander Core protocol probably never expected that someone will like to monitor the device without "commanding" it.
I better won't make any further comments about that protocol because it makes me sad and upset...

Hi, can I get the latest build for this please Martin?

All the links you have shared are dead and don't work anymore.

I have the same issue with my rgb lights flashing when I update to the latest version of HWinfo.

Thanks!

Currently the latest build is the latest public Beta v7.43-5080 which can be downloaded from the main page.

Back