7.42 update causes iCUE fans to flash off/on every 2-4 seconds

iCUE is disabled i also stopped the many services that come with it.
If i close HWINFO the LED's all come back on.

Last edited:
iCUE is disabled i also stopped the many services that come with it.
If i close HWINFO the LED's all come back on.

I assume you have the H170i connected via Commander CORE, is that right?
Can you please attach the HWiNFO Debug File with sensor data? For this test please enable CorsairLink support in HWiNFO so I can check the details.

Last edited:
im having the same issue, plays well with v7.40 v7.42 breaks it. Fans start flashing, cant open icue it physicality wont let the program start. i have CorsairLink support in HWiNFO turned off.

"iCUE is disabled i also stopped the many services that come with it.
If i close HWINFO the LED's all come back on."

same^ but i have it all closed and when i open the hwinfo all the lights come on and start to flash

i have a commander core XL, a commander core pro, 7+3 fans, the H170i and 4 light strips that all flash

Last edited:
im having the same issue, plays well with v7.40 v7.42 breaks it. Fans start flashing, cant open icue it physicality wont let the program start. i have CorsairLink support in HWiNFO turned off.

"iCUE is disabled i also stopped the many services that come with it.
If i close HWINFO the LED's all come back on."

same^ but i have it all closed and when i open the hwinfo all the lights come on and start to flash

i have a commander core XL, a commander core pro, 7+3 fans, the H170i and 4 light strips that all flash

Have you tried build 5031 if that fixes the issue?

ICue is such a piece of bloated, buggy, garbage software. Kudos for even attempting to support it. I have a list of programs to never install under any circumstances.

Asus Aura & Armoury Crate, Corsair iCue, NZXT CAM, Thermaltake RGB Plus & DPS G App, anything from MSI or Gigabyte, and G.Skill Trident-Z Lighting Control. It amazes me that these rather large companies can't seem to produce properly coded software.

Thanks for the feedback! So it works now also with CorsairLink support enabled and you also see fan speeds connected to the Commander Core?

Ive just checked HWINFO, as it was early, i saw the LED's are working fine but now it only shows Water Temp, no fan speeds are showing now.

And are the fans spinning? Can you please attach a new HWiNFO Debug File from build 5032?

Yes spinning fine, just HW not showing the speeds, only Water Temp is currently showing.

Last edited:
f.y.i.

beta build 5032 works ok for me, in combination with fancontrol and fancontrol.corsairlink
(The normal 7.42 release build did not work at the same time as fancontrol)

oC9pzJo.png

D5NvRCG.png

This is what i see in build 5032.
Would it matter which Corsair AIO we use, i am using h170i

Attachments

• hwinfo.jpg
    hwinfo.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 6
Back