7.42 update causes iCUE fans to flash off/on every 2-4 seconds

5033 is showing all correct sensors now but LED's on the fans are off again.

Attachments

• hwinfo.jpg
    hwinfo.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 5
I think the problem is that (according to our current knowledge) the device can be either in hardware (default) or software (programmable) mode.
To read status like temperatures and fan speeds requires switching the device into software mode, but this will render the RGB lightning off unless it's configured for some custom pattern (via iCUE?).
Not sure if my assumption is correct tho...

I download a LED/Fan Curve profile to the device, then i dont need icue running all the time.

Last edited:
Hello all. First off, my PC specs: R9 7900X, 4070 Ti, Hx1000i, H150i Elite Capellix XT w/Commander Core, 6 Corsair AF RGB Elite Fans.
This morning I got an notification to update HWInfo to V7.42-5030. After installing, the LEDs on my fans and pump went to "Hardware" mode and flashed once a second. In HWInfo, the pump temp is greyed out, but fan speeds are updating. On 5031, the LEDs are working again, but HWInfo flashes the temp monitor and fan speeds aren't updating. On 5032, only the pump temp is showing, but it is still greying out every second or two. On 5033, I am able to read the pump temp and all 6 fan speeds, but all sensors are greying out randomly at the same time; my RGB is still working properly on this version.

Hello all. First off, my PC specs: R9 7900X, 4070 Ti, Hx1000i, H150i Elite Capellix XT w/Commander Core, 6 Corsair AF RGB Elite Fans.
This morning I got an notification to update HWInfo to V7.42-5030. After installing, the LEDs on my fans and pump went to "Hardware" mode and flashed once a second. In HWInfo, the pump temp is greyed out, but fan speeds are updating. On 5031, the LEDs are working again, but HWInfo flashes the temp monitor and fan speeds aren't updating. On 5032, only the pump temp is showing, but it is still greying out every second or two. On 5033, I am able to read the pump temp and all 6 fan speeds, but all sensors are greying out randomly at the same time; my RGB is still working properly on this version.

Thanks for your feedback. Is iCUE running too? If yes, then the grayed-out items are due to collisions with iCUE.

With 5033, the Commander Core sensors will periodically grey out when messing with iCUE, but they are updating, and my iCUE profiles appear to be working without issue.

One problem I just noticed is "Fan #6" in iCUE is not showing up in HWInfo. I believe "Fan 1" in HWInfo is the pump speed based on messing with fan speeds in iCUE, and then the fans not matching up properly in HWInfo.

With 5033, the Commander Core sensors will periodically grey out when messing with iCUE, but they are updating, and my iCUE profiles appear to be working without issue.

One problem I just noticed is "Fan #6" in iCUE is not showing up in HWInfo. I believe "Fan 1" in HWInfo is the pump speed based on messing with fan speeds in iCUE, and then the fans not matching up properly in HWInfo.

Please attach the HWiNFO Debug File so I can check the details.

Sorry but I cannot see the DBG file. You might need to compress it using something (ZIP, 7z, RAR) before attaching.

Thanks, can you please also attach DBG from HWiNFO start? This was with Debug Mode enabled later and I don't see the startup details.

Thanks!
Here just another build to test in attempt to properly monitor in both HW and SW modes: www.hwinfo.com/beta/hwi64_743_5034.zip
It should also fix the fan labels for @jwhitesell01 if this build will be able to read fan speeds at all.
Please let me know how it works...
That did fix my fan/pump labels. With iCUE running and starting 5034, all sensors showed up, only greying out due to iCUE. After closing HWInfo and iCUE, then starting only HWInfo, the Commander Core showed up but without any sensors. I have attached two DBG files with/without iCUE running the background.

Attachments

• HWiNFO64-DBG.zip
    761.1 KB · Views: 1
OK, here hopefully the last build for now: www.hwinfo.com/beta/hwi64_743_5035.zip
This is probably the best I can do for now due to the lack of more information about the (crazy) protocol of this device...
Looks like it's not possible to monitor the device when it's in hardware mode, so it needs to be switched into software mode. That's causing issues with RGB on some devices but I don't have a solution for this now.

Back