Can't see Fan control icon in HWinfo on my AW15 Laptop

Martin said:
melon said:
Martin said:
Thanks.
Interesting that your Alienware 15 uses the same Compal project code as the Alienware 17 R2.

hi , im new to this site , and my alienware 17 r4 cant click the fan control , and the fan speed wont show as well this is my debug , help pls ....

That's a new system, which wasn't properly supported by HWiNFO yet.
I have added experimental support now, so please try this build: www.hwinfo.com/beta/hw64_539_3022.zip
and let me know how it works.
Still cant click the fan icon T_T

What happens now when you click it ?
Do you see the fan speeds in sensors window ?
A new Debug File might be useful.

Hello Martin,
I own the new Alienware 15 R3 that comes with the Kaby Lake chipset. The fan icon is present but clicking on it doesn't bring the fan control window. Disabling the EC Support allows to control the fan values but comes with the limitations associated with DELL EC. Is there any chance that you could add support for the new Alienware 15 R3? I am attaching the DBG file and the report file.
Also there is a random crash when I quit HWiNFO64. Actually the crash is followed by a second crash. I am attaching the corresponding user-dump files in case it is of interest for you. Thanks.

Attachments

• AW15R3.html
    169.3 KB · Views: 1
  • HWiNFO64.DBG
    1.7 MB · Views: 2
  • HWiNFO64.exe.15248.dmp.7z
    3.4 MB · Views: 2
  • HWiNFO64.exe(1).15248.dmp.7z
    3.4 MB · Views: 0
Thanks for the data. Support for this model will be added in the next HWiNFO build.

zach9054 said:
Martin said:
zach9054 said:
Thanks Martin. One thing that still lingers is that under the fan option, Fan 1 and 2 are linked together but when it's used, only Fan 1(left) operates. Fan 2 (right) still doesn't activate.

If you enable the COMPAL EC sensor, how many fan speeds do you see reported ?

Only one fan is shown. hwinfo states it is the cpu fan. AW15 service manual confirms this but the left fan (fan 2) which cools the gpu is not shown and remains unactive

THE image here answered my question: Where is fan speed shown? (The RPMs was the clue!)

Martin said:
Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Admin,
I also wanna adjust my fan speed for my laptop. I currently use ASUS Zenbook UX430UQ-GV145T. 

I have tried your program for both of  HWiNFO v5.72 Portable and HWiNFO v5.72 Installer, but still cannot see the fan control button.
Below is what i see from my laptop when open your program.

[size=large]Please help provide suggestion. Thank you.[/size]

Attachments

• program from my laptop.jpg
    program from my laptop.jpg
    209.7 KB · Views: 8
I just downloaded the latest beta, and my sensors window still looks exactly the same(well barring the version number at top, but still no fan settings button)- Are there any settings I should have to mess with?  I tried the older program but nothing... ::( 

Please help for me !!!

Attachments

• DESKTOP-J6DCO39.HTM
    135.7 KB · Views: 2
  • HWiNFO64.DBG
    329.4 KB · Views: 2
delayhack said:
I just downloaded the latest beta, and my sensors window still looks exactly the same(well barring the version number at top, but still no fan settings button)- Are there any settings I should have to mess with?  I tried the older program but nothing... ::( 

Please help for me !!!

You have a Toshiba laptop. See my post above.

I have the same laptop and when I installed the latest beta (5.03 2600) I got an interesting popup that I will attach. I selected 'continue anyways' and the little fan icon appears. Should I have disabled it?

hello, i've read a few messages on this thread and i have exactly the same problem as the others: i don't see the fan control icon. I've tried downloading a few different versions, none worked. My laptop is an Asus ROG Strix SCAR II GL504GS-ES060T. If i could get some help ... Thx

Back