Computer lagging while starting HWiNFO64

cheezy98

I am on Win11 Pro using an Amd 7950x3d on an Asus Crosshair X670E Gene (if that matters)
I found out that using the Thunderbolt Driver (from the asus motherboard’s page) makes the starting of hwinfo difficult. Whole system is lagging until the first stage is loaded.
Made my system crash/restart one time, but every other time it makes everything lagging for maybe around 3-10 seconds until it‘s loaded
Intel Thunderbolt Driver V1.41.1193.0 / 2022/09/20

I made a fresh install of win11 and installed the drivers one by one. after removing the thunderbolt driver it‘s working again

Is there a workaround? i don’t really need the thunderbolt driver, but i would like to have everything updated

This is a known issue but I haven't found a possible workaround that could be implemented in HWiNFO.
But other users found a way how to solve this problem by disabling the "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" option for the Thunderbolt driver:

This is a known issue but I haven't found a possible workaround that could be implemented in HWiNFO.
But other users found a way how to solve this problem by disabling the "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" option for the Thunderbolt driver:
It also worked for me, thanks! I didn’t find anything on google.

Back