Dell XPS 15 9570 Insane Temperatures

ChrisAng

Greetings,

I was gaming(BF1) yesterday and decided to check the internal temperatures because usually the laptop does overheat and throttle so I noticed some very concerning numbers like 100+ degrees Celsius . The Cpu is already undervolted, repasting the Cpu/Gpu did a slight improvement but as you can see not too much. What do the sensors Temp0 and Temp4 mean? Can I trust those values? They should be incorrect right?
I manually set the fans to their maximum respective speed ( 5100 rpm) to keep the laptop as cool as possible while gaming but unfortunately the laptop cooling system isn't able to keep the internals at low temps. I already padded the VRM's with thermal pads because they were reaching 115 degrees before, now rarely above 90.

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• hwinfo1.png
    hwinfo1.png
    157.5 KB · Views: 6
  • hwinfo2.png
    hwinfo2.png
    160.1 KB · Views: 6
Only DELL knows exactly what the various TempX values mean, but they won't disclose it. Temp4-7 seem to be somehow erratic, those sensors might not be working properly.
The other values should be correct and mean your CPU is still overheating and throttling because of that.

Back