Hard Drive Temp

Krackr007

The original version I D/L of hwinfo64 showed a hard drive temp but since I updated to ver# v5.54-3200 it is not shown. Listed below are the temps shown

CPU core 0
CPU core 1
MCP temp
Acer EM61sm....temp 1
                       temp 2
                       temp 3
Desk top  Acer Aspire ASE380 OS Windows 7 Professional  motherboard Acer EM61sm  Hard Drive Western Digital WD10

Is there an explanation for this

Martin said:
Please attach the HWiNFO Debug File and Report File of that machine as described here: https://www.hwinfo.com/forum/Thread-IMPORTANT-Read-this-before-submitting-a-report
It would also be useful if you could attach the same files made using an older version that worked.
I will then check it and try to fix.
Hi Martin.....I don't want to put you to a lot of trouble when my minor issue may be corrected in the next update. I will however send a copy of the debug report and maybe you will spot something there. I want to stress please don't spend a lot of time on this. 
Ken

Attachments

• KEN-PC.HTM
    166.1 KB · Views: 1
You have attached the report file only and based on that it seems there's indeed some bug in HWiNFO that missed identification of your drive.
So Debug File of the latest and the last working version would be great to identify this problem.

Martin said:
You have attached the report file only and based on that it seems there's indeed some bug in HWiNFO that missed identification of your drive.
So Debug File of the latest and the last working version would be great to identify this problem.
Sorry I didn't get you the debug file ...hope I have it right this time.
Ken

Attachments

• KEN-PC.HTM
    287.5 KB · Views: 0
Sorry, but no :( You need to locate the HWiNFO64.DBG file and attach that one.

Martin said:
Sorry, but no :( You need to locate the HWiNFO64.DBG file and attach that one.
So  much for not taking up your time on this Martin but I think I finally have the right report for U

Attachments

• HWiNFO64.DBG
    368.6 KB · Views: 1
Thanks, that's the file I needed :)
Now would you be able to create the same file using an older version of HWiNFO that worked?

Martin said:
Thanks, that's the file I needed :)
Now would you be able to create the same file using an older version of HWiNFO that worked?
Sorry I can't provide you with this as I don't have a "restore point" to take me back to the earlier version. All I can tell you is that I have not made any system changes or downloads since that time except for "windows updates"

If you remember the previous HWiNFO version that worked for you, you can download it here: http://www.oldfoss.com/HWiNFO.html
It would really be helpful for me if I could also get a DBG file from such a version, so I can compare where the problem happened.

Martin said:
If you remember the previous HWiNFO version that worked for you, you can download it here: http://www.oldfoss.com/HWiNFO.html
It would really be helpful for me if I could also get a DBG file from such a version, so I can compare where the problem happened.
Did an uninstall of latest ver. and D/L from cnet downloads first ver. 5.02-2575 I installed and have attached copy of the DBG file.

Attachments

• HWiNFO64.DBG
    509.1 KB · Views: 1
Thank you.
Please try to disable the "CSMI SAS Support" option in the latest version of HWiNFO and let me know if that will help.

Martin said:
Thank you.
Please try to disable the "CSMI SAS Support" option in the latest version of HWiNFO and let me know if that will help.
Wow !!! I admire your determination.Following your above instruction corrected the problem for me and it is now showing the hard drive temp.
One last thing....can you tell me what temp 1 2  3  are.
Thanks again for sticking with me to resolve my minor problem

Thanks for your feedback. I will also try to fix this, so that it won't be needed to disable that option.
Sorry, but I'm not sure which exact temperatures you mean.

Martin said:
Thanks for your feedback. I will also try to fix this, so that it won't be needed to disable that option.
Sorry, but I'm not sure which exact temperatures you mean.
I have attached a little snap shot circling the Temps

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    30 KB · Views: 2
These temperatures are specific for your mainboard and I'm sorry, but I don't know their meaning for your model.
You might check in the BIOS if it reports any temperatures and you're able to find a correlation between them.

Martin said:
These temperatures are specific for your mainboard and I'm sorry, but I don't know their meaning for your model.
You might check in the BIOS if it reports any temperatures and you're able to find a correlation between them.
Thanks anyways and keep up the work.

Back