HWiNFO64 CPU Die (Average) Spike?

I am getting high readings for a second or less in helldivers 2, my 7800x3d tdie claims 140c! and my vsoc 2.2v! I have updated to the newest bios per asrock (b650m pro rs) and I have pbo disabled running eco mode + negative voltage offset. I dont know whether to trust these figures or not? the vsoc and temp spike happen together reliably & its repeatable, any help appreciated.1000008209.jpg1000008207.jpg

Hey guys,

recently I observed a suspicious temperatures on my PC.
Here and there while gaming, the temperatures in HWinfo rises for some miliseconds up to 185 °C.
Its just for one measure intervall and then back to the "normal" 90 °C.
Any idea whats happening?

Greetings

Attachments

• Screenshot (5).png
    Screenshot (5).png
    182.2 KB · Views: 13
Hey guys,

recently I observed a suspicious temperatures on my PC.
Here and there while gaming, the temperatures in HWinfo rises for some miliseconds up to 185 °C.
Its just for one measure intervall and then back to the "normal" 90 °C.
Any idea whats happening?

Greetings
You are in the thread that explains what is happening. If you start reading from page 1.
Long story short, it’s a bug in BIOS.

Good morning! I'm new here on the forum.
-First I would like to apologize for my English, I'm Brazilian and I'm not very good at English, hahaha.
-Well, I read all the pages of this topic, and I just wanted to inform you that I am also receiving this information.
-Temperature 136.5c, soc 2,380v and some VRM temperatures 104c. I was quite afraid that this information was real, because if this spike is true, even if it is fast, it could damage the CPU, so I was quite afraid. I followed it with more software for a few days and realized that there are actually measurements that Hw is multiplying, doubling. For example, last night after playing Warzone there was again a spike of 136.5c, soc 2,380v, and this time I noticed the frequency was a whopping 10,100mhz!
We know that this 10,100mhz peak is totally impossible, as instability, blue screen, restart, crash would have occurred... But nothing happened, the system is perfect.
So to summarize, I felt safer watching 10,100mhz, as we know it's impossible without crashing or crashing the PC.
X670e
Ryzen 7800x3d - PBO and CO
G.skill Flare 6000mhz cl32
Rx7800xt - undervoltage + oc.

Screenshot_2024-04-03_174929.png

Hi there all, new here!

I have a new PC and I’m not particularly up to speed with the finer details of this sort of stuff. I’ve been watching my CPU temps (7800x3d) to see if some additional cooling I added made a big difference and in particular keeping an eye on CPU (tctl/tdie) and CPU Die (Average) as during load on flight sim specifically they quite often get into the mid 80s in the maximum column at least. I believe the max temp for the 7800x3d is 89c?

Anyway, today after using flight sim I hopped off and looked at HWiNFO and was very concerned to see the max tempt shown there, 134.9. But given all of the other averages and core temps etc can we say that this was a false reading?

I followed it with more software for a few days and realized that there are actually measurements that Hw is multiplying, doubling.
To be precise it’s the CPU that reports double values to HWiNFO, and most likely the CPU SMU is causing this bug.

View attachment 11047

Olá a todos, novos aqui!

Eu tenho um PC novo e não estou particularmente familiarizado com os detalhes desse tipo de coisa. Tenho observado a temperatura da minha CPU (7800x3d) para ver se algum resfriamento adicional que adicionei fez uma grande diferença e, em particular, fiquei de olho na CPU (tctl/tdie) e no CPU Die (Média), pois durante a carga no simulador de vôo, especificamente eles muitas vezes chega a meados dos anos 80, pelo menos na coluna máxima. Acredito que a temperatura máxima para o 7800x3d é 89c?

De qualquer forma, hoje, depois de usar o simulador de vôo, desci e olhei para o HWiNFO e fiquei muito preocupado ao ver a tentação máxima mostrada lá, 134,9. Mas dadas todas as outras médias e temperaturas centrais, etc., podemos dizer que esta foi uma leitura falsa?
Em princípio, você não precisa se preocupar. Erro ou bug de leitura. Acredito que a temperatura real no seu caso deve ter sido na casa dos 70. Deixe-me perguntar, qual cooler você usa?
NOTA: Desculpe pelo meu inglês, não sou fluente.

Em princípio, você não precisa se preocupar. Erro ou bug de leitura. Acredito que a temperatura real no seu caso deve ter sido na casa dos 70. Deixe-me perguntar, qual cooler você usa?
NOTA: Desculpe pelo meu inglês, não sou fluente.
Hi,

The cooler is the new Artic Liquid Freezer III.

Edit: The 240mm version

Last edited:
My problem is fixed, no more double readings.

This happened after updating HWiNFO64 to v8.00-5400.

I had already upgraded to latest chipset and GPU drivers installed in the middle of March, but when i updated to this version of HWiNFO some days ago in April that I've been running since it got launched the problem is gone.

My problem is fixed, no more double readings.

This happened after updating HWiNFO64 to v8.00-5400.

I had already upgraded to latest chipset and GPU drivers installed in the middle of March, but when i updated to this version of HWiNFO some days ago in April that I've been running since it got launched the problem is gone.
After the update to v8.00-5400, the values multiplied not by 2, but by 1.5 :)

Attachments

• HWiNFO64_vAvWPpHrWL.png
    HWiNFO64_vAvWPpHrWL.png
    150.7 KB · Views: 15
Got a bit spooked when I checked hwinfo after a night playing games, I know this is a false reading but I'm amazed that it could be this wrong and confused at how this could show?

Attachments

• svi3.png
    svi3.png
    43.1 KB · Views: 19
Hi here,

I have this weird vSOC and average cpu temp too.

I have a 7950x on a x670e Crosshair Gene and it happened independently of having MSIAfterburner
working simultaneously and updating to version 8.00 5400 of HWINFO64 didn't do anything.

Last thing changed is the Asus BIOS, i had 1905 and a few days back i updated to 2007.
It is now reduced by half.

HWINFO64 bug.jpg

Very confident it is a bug otherwise the cpu would be dead with 2,37vSOC ...

Have a good silicone lottery and take care all :)

It just happened now while playing Cities Skylines 2: 137.5°C. Only on the cpu die average line, no exagerated vSOC of Fclk readings.
Nothing is running but the game and the provided version above.

Ryzen 9 7950x Asus x670e Crosshair Gene (bios 2007)

Edit: at 19:45 it went to 148°c

Attachments

• HWINFO64 betav8.01.5424 readings.jpg
    HWINFO64 betav8.01.5424 readings.jpg
    544.5 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Today cpu die average, vSOC, FCLK and most likely CPUPPT (?) are all the way up.
Is there no log file that could be found somewher? and uplaod it for deeper inspection ?

View attachment 11127

Edit : This time the max frequency - global reached 8,545Mhz. That is the most notable event of the two, the other concerns the FCLK reaching 3250Mhz.

Just now, 8:08 minutes browsing the internet, 1,323vSOC (manually set to 1.24v). The rest is normal till now. It seems better with .5425

Could FanControl conflict with HWINFO64 ? That would be most annoying, if not a problem as i need that soft to keep my cpu within reasonnable temperatures. (PBO2 80°c)

Last edited:
Back