HWiNFO64 CPU Die (Average) Spike?

If the problem was due to FanControl (or LHM), it would be good to retest with previous versions too.

Without FC: HWINFO64 betav8.01.5425 readings no FC no MSIAB.jpg

1.55vSOC. Note that cpu die average still show 114°C, or could my cpu adctually reach this temp ? brrrr

Direct die with Thermal Grizzly contact frame Kryonaut Extreme, EK Nucleus 360 AIO

Hey there,

from as far as i can tell i seem to have the same issue but a little bit different from others. Currently on an ASUS Rog Strix b650a board and a 7800x3d and my readings dont necessarily always double but sometimes only rise by 16,7% or around 25% for vsoc,vdd, average die temps and some other things i dont really know the name in english for. I randomly checked the metrics diagram on the adrenaline software and it regiostered a spike in voltage the same time hwinfo gave me the warning. Could it be that Adrenaline is interfering with Hwinfo or is that something to actually worry about? I know, i know, i ve been the one millionth person here to ask this question but this time its beeing recorded not only by hwinfo but also by AMD's own software.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Bild 2024-03-28 um 07.36.09_021dfc9e.jpg
    WhatsApp Bild 2024-03-28 um 07.36.09_021dfc9e.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 7
  • WhatsApp Bild 2024-03-28 um 07.36.46_0eb8b834.jpg
    WhatsApp Bild 2024-03-28 um 07.36.46_0eb8b834.jpg
    195.7 KB · Views: 7
  • WhatsApp Bild 2024-03-25 um 11.40.47_41028b8c.jpg
    WhatsApp Bild 2024-03-25 um 11.40.47_41028b8c.jpg
    239.2 KB · Views: 7
  • WhatsApp Bild 2024-03-25 um 09.15.30_480193cc.jpg
    WhatsApp Bild 2024-03-25 um 09.15.30_480193cc.jpg
    255.2 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Temperatures are all over the place, I was playing Helldivers 2 and the game was smooth as butter, but suddenly I got an alert sound from Hwinfo64, and I saw those Insane temps, so it's really just a bios issue? This temperature also appeared for a split of a second on adrenaline's metrics too

imagem_2024-04-27_055707493.png

Last edited:
@ALL:

Please try this build and report back if you still observe the problem: www.hwinfo.com/beta/hwi64_801_5424.zip
If yes, please also specify the CPU model.
Hi there, I've reported that for me the V8.00-5400 solved the issue, no more double reading in:
- CPU DIE (average)
- CPU EDC

And in:
CPU PPT Limit before 163.7% now 8.5%
CPU EDC Limit before 148.6% now stays within 100%, after 2h gaming it only reached 54.6%
Thermal Limit before because of CPU DIE (average) would go above 100%, like last print with v7.72-5355 that reached 118.2% now reached 65.8%.

I did upgrade the GPU drivers a few days ago, so new driver and new Adrenalin install, I used DDU, and the chipset drivers are the latest.
Do you want me to try the beta 8.01-5424 so I can see if in my end the issue remains solved?

ASRock B550m pro4, Ryzen 5 5600x.

Yes, please.
Ok I'll get back to you here in a couple days if the issue remains solved, sooner if it gives me wrong readings.

I remembered one issue I had that can be something to investigate to everybody that is having this problem, so you can tell me if you have the same issue I found by chance, and if maybe it can be the reason of the double readings.

Long story short, I decided to PBO and AutoOC my CPU last month, and set the negative curve to -20 all cores, and because of that I was having random hard shutdowns/reboots.
Also because of that, and until I settled it at -15 stable, I found in event viewer I was getting an error ID 7000 when it would hard reboot, and although it is not completely related, I discovered that error still persisted after fixing the instability caused by the negative curve.

So it was failing to load the AMDRyzenMasterDriverV22.
I don't have RyzenMaster installed, but still that driver loads up because it comes with the B550 Chipset driver install I think.

So with this I found that it is a common error, where we get two AMDRyzenMasterDriverVxx entries in registry. In my case I had the AMDRyzenMasterDriverV20 and the AMDRyzenMasterDriverV22 entries in registry. And one gives the error in the event viewer pretty much constantly although usually it doesn't impact the system itself, it might be causing something.

There are various solutions, since deleting one in registry, running sfc /scannow, etc, but for me when I deleted it would come back, sfc did nothing, windows is updated, and what solved it was to uninstall both chipset drivers and gpu drivers using the AMDCleanupUtility in safe mode. After that doing a clean install of both chipset drivers and GPU drivers. It was by that time that came out the update to V8.00-5400 so I really can't tell if it was because of fixing that error or because of the version of HWiNFO.

You can check if you have 2 diferent entries in registry in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services
Scroll through services folder until you find the AMDRyzenMasterDriver.
In my case it removed the V22 and after the clean install only the V20 is in registry now, so no more V22 failing to load errors.

Might be nothing, but still it might be something that could cause the double readings so maybe it is worth investigating.

EDIT: the v8.01-5424 link doesn't work, should I try with the v8.01-5425?

Last edited:
Since v8.00 didn't have any changes for this issue, the difference was probably something else you did.
Yes, please go ahead with v8.01-5425.

Since a few days being on beta v801.54.25, since my last input at least, all readings look normal, yeas 1,329vSOC... all right apart from this.

No changes on any of my settings, still using FControl & MSIAB simultaneously and yes, all fine. No BIOS changes neither, nothing.

Now this is an issue for me since FC tames my temps, HWINFO measures them. I prefer to have "wrong" readings than have a risk of having really too high temps

Last edited:
If anyone is using FanControl or LibreHardwareMonitor along with HWiNFO, try without them as they can interfere with HWiNFO.

Back