HWiNFO64 Stopped working

FYi still happen if sensor status form is closed and then reproduce the problem again.

What i think for HWInfo64 to workaround this is just disabled settings menus before sensor status form load and after sensor status unload enabled setting menus again. Hope this help :)

Can you please try to switch from Sensors-only to Summary-only mode and then the same test ?

Martin said:
Can you please try to switch from Sensors-only to Summary-only mode and then the same test ?
No crash before, during Summary window load and after Summary window unload

Martin said:
OK, please try this build: www.hwinfo.com/beta/hw64_437_2167.zip
and let me know...
good morning :D
i think Settings dialog 's ok now...
no crash before, during Sensor Status window load and after Sensor Status window unload

some other things...
1. i see read of Current Core Power,NorthBridge Power and Total CPU Power like example 0.000W, 9.487 W, but the Total CPU Power is 0.000W not 9.487 W (sum of 0.000W and 9.487W), is it valid?
2. is it valid read on Total CPU Power if i disable monitoring on core, nb volt, amp,watt and enable monitoring only on Total CPU Power?
3. same above question goes to only enable monitoring on GPU VRM PO, and IR3567B PO/input, cause there're too much to see.
4. Now i have 3 extras temp sensor status on ITE 8620E with static values, which not on previous non beta build, why you include these now?

Thanks for the feedback. I'm glad to hear, that this is resolved now.

As for the other issues, please attach a HWiNFO Report File + Debug File with sensor data, so I can see further details. Also a screenshot of the sensors window with values in question might help me to understand the exact situation.

Martin said:
As for the other issues, please attach a HWiNFO Report File + Debug File with sensor data, so I can see further details. Also a screenshot of the sensors window with values in question might help me to understand the exact situation.
Where i can create Report File? I just know how to create debug file. :)
*edit: now i know

1. I can't reprodure where CPU Total Power 0.000 watt and Northbridge Power were not zero watt again.
2,3. I just like to see simple sensor status window. Since i disable monitoring v,a, core usage, do total read of CPU usage, CPU wattage, GPU wattage, VRM wattage give valid reads?
4. Here some pics of pic of hwinfo 4.36-2150 sensor status and hwinfo 4.37-2167 sensor status (with extras static temp read and avcc3(?))
5. and report file +debug file you've asked.

Attachments

• HWiNFO64.zip
    537.6 KB · Views: 3
  • HWiNFO64v437-2167.jpg
    HWiNFO64v437-2167.jpg
    242.4 KB · Views: 2
  • HWiNFO64v436-2150.jpg
    HWiNFO64v436-2150.jpg
    262 KB · Views: 2
1. This seems to be a bug in calculating the sum. I'll fix this in the next build. Nevertheless, it's strange, that the Core Power is reported as 0, must be some kind of intermittent failure.
2, 3. This should work independent of disabling the other items.
4. Yes, in the later builds, I have extended support of the IT8620E sensor. However, it seems those additional items on your mainboard don't provide real values. You can ignore them.

Martin said:
2, 3. This should work independent of disabling the other items.
Hi...
Please check the picts for my vga card, the values are different for power out if enabled (around 5w)/disabled (around 3w) monitoring others for 1 minute idle.
I think need some accuracy multiplying floating point numbers.

Attachments

• Disablemon.jpg
    Disablemon.jpg
    327.8 KB · Views: 4
  • enablemon.jpg
    enablemon.jpg
    334.2 KB · Views: 5
One more thing..
In the Settings dialog there is minimize Main Window at Start Up and there should be an option to maximized it... may be on tray menu?

That's interesting.. It might mean, that the sole monitoring of the GPU slightly raises its power usage. You might prove this if you disable/enable each of those items one by one, if the rise is linear according to how many items are enabled.

Martin said:
That's interesting.. It might mean, that the sole monitoring of the GPU slightly raises its power usage. You might prove this if you disable/enable each of those items one by one, if the rise is linear according to how many items are enabled.
yes it does.. so can you make another work around this? ;)

base on the pic, what i do with calculator the result of multiplying 0.875 by 4.273 should be 4.613875 not 4.834, what do you think about this?

I'm sorry, but the reported value is the real current power consumption, so I don't want to modify that by some correction factor.
You might also raise the Scan Interval to reduce this effect.

Compare to other (Aida64, GPU-Z) the similar (look alike) value of power consumption if other monitoring enabled. So maybe i just use some add-on like rainmeter for simple view of power consumption and let other monitoring enabled. Thks.

Back