HWiNFOMonitor

Redbear911 said:
stangowner said:
Redbear911 said:
stangowner said:
Can you please zip the following files and email them to me at the address listed on the about tab of the gadget settings?
all files in "C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\HWiNFOMonitor"
and "C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Temp\HWiNFOMonitor.log"

Thanks
I've emailed the zip file you asked for to the email address in the about tab of the gadget.

edit: Ok slight problem since the email listed in the about section is a gmail account it won't let me send the email and keeps returning as failed since gmail accounts can't accept any attachments that have an .exe file in them regardless if they are zipped or not. And the HWiNFOMonitor folder has a .exe file in it.

Are you sure you are only sending the 1 folder and 1 file I asked for? There should not be any .exe files in there.
I was sending the folder from "C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Sidebar\Gadgets\HWiNFOMonitor" as there is no HWiNFOMonitor folder at "C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\HWiNFOMonitor" inside the folder there is an .exe application called HWiNFOMonitor. And I was also sending the log file from "C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Temp\HWiNFOMonitor.log" so if I got the wrong folder then I don't see what folder you are wanting me to send.
No, I don't need that folder. I didn't realize the other one didn't exist. Can you send me just the \Local\Temp\HWiNFOMonitor.log file for now?

stangowner said:
Redbear911 said:
stangowner said:
Redbear911 said:
stangowner said:
Can you please zip the following files and email them to me at the address listed on the about tab of the gadget settings?

Thanks
I've emailed the zip file you asked for to the email address in the about tab of the gadget.

edit: Ok slight problem since the email listed in the about section is a gmail account it won't let me send the email and keeps returning as failed since gmail accounts can't accept any attachments that have an .exe file in them regardless if they are zipped or not. And the HWiNFOMonitor folder has a .exe file in it.

Are you sure you are only sending the 1 folder and 1 file I asked for? There should not be any .exe files in there.
I was sending the folder from "C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Sidebar\Gadgets\HWiNFOMonitor" as there is no HWiNFOMonitor folder at "C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\HWiNFOMonitor" inside the folder there is an .exe application called HWiNFOMonitor. And I was also sending the log file from "C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Temp\HWiNFOMonitor.log" so if I got the wrong folder then I don't see what folder you are wanting me to send.
No, I don't need that folder. I didn't realize the other one didn't exist. Can you send me just the \Local\Temp\HWiNFOMonitor.log file for now?
Ok sent you should recieve it soon.

first of all, I want to say that this is an excellent gadget. I love it!

However, i think I found a bug. When using the graphs, I sometimes get an "overlay slide". Basically, the overlay text slides out of view.

Example (look at the CPU usage overlay)
tYfXu.jpg

is there any fix for this?

locdog_i said:
first of all, I want to say that this is an excellent gadget. I love it!

However, i think I found a bug. When using the graphs, I sometimes get an "overlay slide". Basically, the overlay text slides out of view.

Example (look at the CPU usage overlay)
tYfXu.jpg

is there any fix for this?

Thanks

Hello,
I really like your plugin and have it finally customized.

Is there a way to monitor download speed and upload speed,too?
If yes, I could get rid of another sidebar plugin and streamline the looks with integrating the network monitoring into the HWMonitor sidebar gadget.

HWiNFO currently doesn't support monitoring of network information. This feature is in the to-do list.

Hi

I just found this gadget yesterday and love it but I hit a bug unfortunately. I run Actual Multiple Monitors and switch between single screen and dual-display several times a day but when I do, this gadget stops working and the output gets frozen. I have to close and reopen the gadget (not HwInfo itself which continues to work) to get it working again, which is obviously a pain not just because of having to do so but also because it loses it's position and size.

Actually, it's not happening since I rebooted this morning so perhaps it was a freak occurrence that won't happen again :) I tested by enabling/disabling displays via CCC directly as well as via AMM, with AMM's "Multiple-monitor Taskbar" and "Multi-Monitor Task Switcher" both disabled and then enabled one by one and couldn't trigger the problem. I'll post back it if happens again but do let me know if you want to investigate and I can provide any further information.

doveman said:
Hi

I just found this gadget yesterday and love it but I hit a bug unfortunately. I run Actual Multiple Monitors and switch between single screen and dual-display several times a day but when I do, this gadget stops working and the output gets frozen. I have to close and reopen the gadget (not HwInfo itself which continues to work) to get it working again, which is obviously a pain not just because of having to do so but also because it loses it's position and size.

Actually, it's not happening since I rebooted this morning so perhaps it was a freak occurrence that won't happen again :) I tested by enabling/disabling displays via CCC directly as well as via AMM, with AMM's "Multiple-monitor Taskbar" and "Multi-Monitor Task Switcher" both disabled and then enabled one by one and couldn't trigger the problem. I'll post back it if happens again but do let me know if you want to investigate and I can provide any further information.

Hmmmm, indeed that would be odd. The gadget does not control its screen position, it is controlled by the Windows Sidebar host process. Please let me know if it happens again and I will look into it. Otherwise, it must have been a fluke occurrence.

Thanks,
- Nick

stangowner said:
Hmmmm, indeed that would be odd. The gadget does not control its screen position, it is controlled by the Windows Sidebar host process. Please let me know if it happens again and I will look into it. Otherwise, it must have been a fluke occurrence.

Thanks,
- Nick

Well it seems to have been a fluke as it's been OK with me changing screen layouts since and has kept on running. :)

I found another bug though I'm afraid. It seems it can only show a maximum of four digits, so with my 16GB RAM I have 12GB free but the gadget shows 9999MB and likewise if I have more than this being used, it shows 9999MB for used RAM. HwInfo64 itself shows the correct figures, it's just the gadget that doesn't.

doveman said:
Well it seems to have been a fluke as it's been OK with me changing screen layouts since and has kept on running. :)

I found another bug though I'm afraid. It seems it can only show a maximum of four digits, so with my 16GB RAM I have 12GB free but the gadget shows 9999MB and likewise if I have more than this being used, it shows 9999MB for used RAM. HwInfo64 itself shows the correct figures, it's just the gadget that doesn't.

Yeah, this is a known limit, not necessarily a bug. I have limited it to 4 digits due to the limited amount of display space in the gadget.

You can use the "Modify Value" section of the advanced properties for that entry to convert it to something smaller. For instance, select "Actual/Factor" and then enter 1024 as a factor and GB as the units. Now it will display as 12 GB instead of 9999 MB. Or you could use 163.84 to convert to %. Will either of those options work for you?

stangowner said:
Yeah, this is a known limit, not necessarily a bug. I have limited it to 4 digits due to the limited amount of display space in the gadget.

You can use the "Modify Value" section of the advanced properties for that entry to convert it to something smaller. For instance, select "Actual/Factor" and then enter 1024 as a factor and GB as the units. Now it will display as 12 GB instead of 9999 MB. Or you could use 163.84 to convert to %. Will either of those options work for you?

OK, that's fair enough. Yeah, showing it in GB will be fine, I don't need to see exactly how many MB are used/free. I'd prefer to be able to see it to one decimal place however, so that I know whether it's 12.1 or 12.9 GB , which I can sort of achieve by dividing by 100 instead of 1024, which for 13865MB gives 139. Obviously it would be better if it could show the decimal point so that it showed 13.9 GB instead of 139 GB as it's a bit confusing at a glance but if that's not possible I'll have to try and get used to it. In the absence of a decimal point, I guess I might as well use the fourth digit and just divide by 10 to show 1386.

doveman said:
stangowner said:

OK, that's fair enough. Yeah, showing it in GB will be fine, I don't need to see exactly how many MB are used/free. I'd prefer to be able to see it to one decimal place however, so that I know whether it's 12.1 or 12.9 GB , which I can sort of achieve by dividing by 100 instead of 1024, which for 13865MB gives 139. Obviously it would be better if it could show the decimal point so that it showed 13.9 GB instead of 139 GB as it's a bit confusing at a glance but if that's not possible I'll have to try and get used to it. In the absence of a decimal point, I guess I might as well use the fourth digit and just divide by 10 to show 1386.

Here's how you can change the decimals displayed for any GB readings so they show 1 decimal place:
- open "C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Sidebar\Gadgets\HWiNFOMonitor.gadget\scripts\shared.js" in a text editor.
- change line 182 from:
}else if(units == "fps" || units == "x" || units == "w"){
to:
}else if(units == "fps" || units == "x" || units == "w" || units == "gb"){
- save and close the file
- close and reopen your gadget

Now you will be able to see 12.1 GB or 12.9 GB when using the modify factor of 1024. However, this will change all entries displaying as GB, so just make sure any others still display OK.

- Nick

stangowner said:
Now you will be able to see 12.1 GB or 12.9 GB when using the modify factor of 1024. However, this will change all entries displaying as GB, so just make sure any others still display OK.

- Nick

Nice, that's perfect now thanks :)

doveman said:
stangowner said:

- Nick

Nice, that's perfect now thanks :)

Great! Glad it worked out. Let me know if you need anything else.

stangowner said:

I did have a weird one after I had a BSOD and rebooted, the gadget had lost all my settings and reset to default, which was a pain. I don't know if there's a way to stop this happening but perhaps if there's a file with my settings in you could point me to, at least I can back that up so that I don't have to manually reconfigure it all again if it does re-occur.

The HWiNFOMonitor gadget doesn't work on my PC. I have attach a screen shot. HWiNFOMonitor has on the right.

OS - Windows 7 SP1, 64 bit, Text size (DPI) 125%.

Attachments

• Screen shot.jpg
    Screen shot.jpg
    144.6 KB · Views: 20
doveman said:
stangowner said:

I did have a weird one after I had a BSOD and rebooted, the gadget had lost all my settings and reset to default, which was a pain. I don't know if there's a way to stop this happening but perhaps if there's a file with my settings in you could point me to, at least I can back that up so that I don't have to manually reconfigure it all again if it does re-occur.

That does not sound good. Sorry to hear it......but nothing I can do to prevent file corruption due to BSOD. I only read/write the settings on open and when configuring them so chances of a crash while the file is open should be slim.

Please read the bottom of the Instructions tab in the gadget settings. It tells you how to backup/restore your settings.

Sergey said:
The HWiNFOMonitor gadget doesn't work on my PC. I have attach a screen shot. HWiNFOMonitor has on the right.

Are you referring to the little white box with the <! in it? Seems the installed gadget is not valid.

Please delete the "C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Sidebar\Gadgets\HWiNFOMonitor.gadget" folder, and then reinstall the gadget again from the link on this page: http://www.hwinfo.com/addons.html

stangowner said:
That does not sound good. Sorry to hear it......but nothing I can do to prevent file corruption due to BSOD. I only read/write the settings on open and when configuring them so chances of a crash while the file is open should be slim.

Please read the bottom of the Instructions tab in the gadget settings. It tells you how to backup/restore your settings.

Yeah, I was surprised too as I was doing something completely unrelated (trying to play a game from RAMdisk) when it BSOD, so I guess I was just unlucky that it messed up the gadget settings.

Anyway, thanks for the pointer. I've got the settings backed up now just in case but it's unlikely to happen again as I'm not using the RAMdisk software that caused the BSOD anymore and I don't normally get them, except for when I get carried away overclocking ;)

Hint:
Some programs don't like a Ramdisc when page file on HDD is completely disabled.

Thx, now I made backup of the config files, too. I spent about half an hour to get it to my liking. SO that work is backed up now.

Sergey said:

Are you referring to the little white box with the <! in it? Seems the installed gadget is not valid.

Please delete the "C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Sidebar\Gadgets\HWiNFOMonitor.gadget" folder, and then reinstall the gadget again from the link on this page: http://www.hwinfo.com/addons.html

Yes, the little white box with the <! in it.
I have reinstall the gadget, check the folder, install the gadget, but I have the little white box with the <! in it.

Back