HWiNFOMonitor

Sergey said:
Sergey said:
The HWiNFOMonitor gadget doesn't work on my PC. I have attach a screen shot. HWiNFOMonitor has on the right.

OS - Windows 7 SP1, 64 bit, Text size (DPI) 125%.

Are you referring to the little white box with the <! in it? Seems the installed gadget is not valid.

Please delete the "C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Sidebar\Gadgets\HWiNFOMonitor.gadget" folder, and then reinstall the gadget again from the link on this page: http://www.hwinfo.com/addons.html

Yes, the little white box with the <! in it.
I have reinstall the gadget, check the folder, install the gadget, but I have the little white box with the <! in it.

I just sent you an email with some instructions. I'll reply back after I receive and check the data you send.

7jaQ9.png

I am having the same problem as above, after relaunching my Gadget one morning, I noticed it wasnt working at all, it is just one square with an arrow pointing to the left (<) , i have all the options set as stated in the instructions , even deleted the folder in appdata and reinstalled it as well, but didnt work D:
This is the link to the folder I had from appdata
http://www.mediafire.com/?ffpop97jj36w124
:huh: If you need further information, let me know. This tool became indispensable for everyday GPU clocking D:

patricio2337 said:
7jaQ9.png

I am having the same problem as above, after relaunching my Gadget one morning, I noticed it wasnt working at all, it is just one square with an arrow pointing to the left (<) , i have all the options set as stated in the instructions , even deleted the folder in appdata and reinstalled it as well, but didnt work D:
:huh: If you need further information, let me know. This tool became indispensable for everyday GPU clocking D:

And it was working fine before? Any Windows updates installed that coincide with the issue? I wonder if an update is breaking this?

Sorry for not posting the resolution before. But what we did was remove the comment at the top of the HTML files.

1 - close the gadget
2 - Edit the following files using a text editor like notepad. Delete the first 8 lines and save the files. The first line should be <html> when you are done.
- C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Sidebar\Gadgets\HWiNFOMonitor.gadget\flyout.html
- C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Sidebar\Gadgets\HWiNFOMonitor.gadget\gadget.html
- C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Sidebar\Gadgets\HWiNFOMonitor.gadget\settings.html
3 - reopen the gadget

Let me know if this fixes it please.

stangowner said:
patricio2337 said:
7jaQ9.png

And it was working fine before? Any Windows updates installed that coincide with the issue? I wonder if an update is breaking this?

Sorry for not posting the resolution before. But what we did was remove the comment at the top of the HTML files.

1 - close the gadget
2 - Edit the following files using a text editor like notepad. Delete the first 8 lines and save the files. The first line should be <html> when you are done.
- C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Sidebar\Gadgets\HWiNFOMonitor.gadget\flyout.html
- C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Sidebar\Gadgets\HWiNFOMonitor.gadget\gadget.html
- C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Sidebar\Gadgets\HWiNFOMonitor.gadget\settings.html
3 - reopen the gadget

Let me know if this fixes it please.
You might be right about the update, as it was not coincidence, i rebooted as requested by WU and once back, it was <__< at me lol. i will check it now.
Epic Fail lol, just because of a failed comment, lol. Thanks for the Tip, it is working again P:
Thank you! :heart:

patricio2337 said:
You might be right about the update, as it was not coincidence, i rebooted as requested by WU and once back, it was <__< at me lol. i will check it now.
Epic Fail lol, just because of a failed comment, lol. Thanks for the Tip, it is working again P:

Wow, that is bad.....LOL.

Would you mind looking at your update history and telling me the list of KB articles that were installed? I'd appreciate it.

stangowner said:
patricio2337 said:

Would you mind looking at your update history and telling me the list of KB articles that were installed? I'd appreciate it.
Lady, yes Lady! Once I go back to that Pc, the inform shall be make, And to you Shall it be sent. lol

stangowner said:
patricio2337 said:

Thanks to the CCleaner and that stuff my updates history is clean :/ though i manage to get the list from the past days, and they do not seem evil they are: Windows Defender Updates (KB915597) definitions 1.139.385.0, 1.139.634.0 1.139.825.0; i think they have nothing to do with this, i dont even use it lol. Then Windows update KB2685811 , updates for windows X64 KB2574819 and KB2592687, which were optionals, apart from an update to my Hardware (keyboard). That is all, Hope this can help you in anything , if you want a dxdiag report, feel free not to ask P: :D

patricio2337 said:
Thanks to the CCleaner and that stuff my updates history is clean :/ though i manage to get the list from the past days, and they do not seem evil they are: Windows Defender Updates (KB915597) definitions 1.139.385.0, 1.139.634.0 1.139.825.0; i think they have nothing to do with this, i dont even use it lol. Then Windows update KB2685811 , updates for windows X64 KB2574819 and KB2592687, which were optionals, apart from an update to my Hardware (keyboard). That is all, Hope this can help you in anything , if you want a dxdiag report, feel free not to ask P: :D

Thanks for providing the list. I'll check into them.

Hello!
First of all, congratulations on a fantastic app!
Now my problem is, it only worked for a couple of days unfortunately.
It now presents me with an "Error, could not render monitor" message every time i click the gadget.
I did a little digging in the scripts and the message shows up in the gadget.js file, and is related to some "function Ontimer" parameter (i know nothing about scripting,by the way).
I tried uninstalling hwinfo 32 and 64 bit versions(which work fine on their own and with msi afterburner), launching sidebar.exe in 32 and 64 bit mode,reinstalling the gadget, editing those 3 files you mentioned earlier, nothing worked.
Just thought i should mention, the simpler version of the gadget works fine, i just want that cooler look that the monitor provides.
Any help will be deeply appreciated.

musashi said:
Hello!
First of all, congratulations on a fantastic app!
Now my problem is, it only worked for a couple of days unfortunately.
It now presents me with an "Error, could not render monitor" message every time i click the gadget.
I did a little digging in the scripts and the message shows up in the gadget.js file, and is related to some "function Ontimer" parameter (i know nothing about scripting,by the way).
I tried uninstalling hwinfo 32 and 64 bit versions(which work fine on their own and with msi afterburner), launching sidebar.exe in 32 and 64 bit mode,reinstalling the gadget, editing those 3 files you mentioned earlier, nothing worked.
Just thought i should mention, the simpler version of the gadget works fine, i just want that cooler look that the monitor provides.
Any help will be deeply appreciated.

Hi.

Can you please zip and email me the contents of your "C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\HWiNFOMonitor" folder? My email is in the about tab of the gadget settings.

Thanks,
Nick

stangowner said:
Hi.

Can you please zip and email me the contents of your "C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\HWiNFOMonitor" folder? My email is in the about tab of the gadget settings.

Thanks,
Nick

Hi!
I just emailed with the folder you asked, there's only 2 json files in there, i hope that's the one.
Gladly appreciate any help you can provide!

Edit
Well, guess what?
Immediately after i emailed you, i figured i'd delete those 2 json files and reinstall the gadget. Surprise surprise, it works again!
From what i can tell, the uninstall process doesn't remove that folder you mentioned(which i didn't even know existed), and the reinstall process doesn't overwrite it either.So the error that was occuring was stil stored in those files.
Deleting it and reinstalling it solved the problem!
Thanks for your precious help, keep up the excellent work!

musashi said:
stangowner said:
Hi.

Thanks,
Nick

Hi!
I just emailed with the folder you asked, there's only 2 json files in there, i hope that's the one.
Gladly appreciate any help you can provide!

Edit
Well, guess what?
Immediately after i emailed you, i figured i'd delete those 2 json files and reinstall the gadget. Surprise surprise, it works again!
From what i can tell, the uninstall process doesn't remove that folder you mentioned(which i didn't even know existed), and the reinstall process doesn't overwrite it either.So the error that was occuring was stil stored in those files.
Deleting it and reinstalling it solved the problem!
Thanks for your precious help, keep up the excellent work!

When you make changes in the gadget settings, the changes are saved to those files. Deleting those files will cause the gadget to use default settings again (don't even need to uninstall the gadget). And correct, they are not uninstalled when you remove the gadget, so the problem would just reoccur after reinstalling.

Thanks for sending the files. I wanted to see what was causing the problem inside the files before you deleted them. I'll check them out tonight when I return home.

Glad its working again.

Thanks,
Nick

stangowner said:
doveman said:
stangowner said:
Now you will be able to see 12.1 GB or 12.9 GB when using the modify factor of 1024. However, this will change all entries displaying as GB, so just make sure any others still display OK.

- Nick

Nice, that's perfect now thanks :)

Great! Glad it worked out. Let me know if you need anything else.

Its been a long time since i came here :) And i have a question regarding the MB to GB unit change, i have now upgraded my Ram and its above 9999MB, so i wanted to change it to show GB , just as you explain above, and so i did as you said above, but after changing the line 182, it still shows MB. I saved the file, and restarted the gadget, and the Sidebar process, but its the same, if i change the 9999 above for 99999 it shows 3 digits and a half, because its too large to be shown, but at least i know i am modifying the right file...
FBl7r5s.png

Have i done something Wrong?:huh:

patricio2337 said:
Its been a long time since i came here :) And i have a question regarding the MB to GB unit change, i have now upgraded my Ram and its above 9999MB, so i wanted to change it to show GB , just as you explain above, and so i did as you said above, but after changing the line 182, it still shows MB. I saved the file, and restarted the gadget, and the Sidebar process, but its the same, if i change the 9999 above for 99999 it shows 3 digits and a half, because its too large to be shown, but at least i know i am modifying the right file...

Did you change the options for that entry in the gadget settings too, as mentioned here?
http://www.hwinfo.com/forum/Thread-HWiNFOMonitor?pid=2648#pid2648

This is what actually changes it to GB. You need to divide by 1024 to convert the value, and change the units from MB to GB. What you quoted above just changes GB entries from 0 decimal places to 1. You need to change it to GB first.

Its also listed in #30 here: http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=292598&page=7#165

Let me know if you still have issues.

- Nick

stangowner said:
patricio2337 said:

Did you change the options for that entry in the gadget settings too, as mentioned here?
http://www.hwinfo.com/forum/Thread-HWiNFOMonitor?pid=2648#pid2648

This is what actually changes it to GB. You need to divide by 1024 to convert the value, and change the units from MB to GB. What you quoted above just changes GB entries from 0 decimal places to 1. You need to change it to GB first.

Its also listed in #30 here: http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=292598&page=7#165

Let me know if you still have issues.

- Nick

Sorry for my late Reply Nick, i was very confident that i will get an Email if anyone replied, huge mistake P: the first tip you suggested Worked just fine for me :) changing it to Actual/Factor and then 1024 as a factor and GB as unit solved my issue :) Thanks :heart:
oCnKfiB.png

patricio2337 said:
Sorry for my late Reply Nick, i was very confident that i will get an Email if anyone replied, huge mistake P: the first tip you suggested Worked just fine for me :) changing it to Actual/Factor and then 1024 as a factor and GB as unit solved my issue :) Thanks :heart:
oCnKfiB.png

Great, thanks for letting me know.

Having a weird one here. HwInfoMonitor was working fine. I've been checking boot times by disabling/enabling stuff from loading at boot time, so haven't always had HwInfo64 launching at boot but last time I tried, it was fine.

Now HwInfoMonitor won't show anything. The last thing I changed was to re-enable the Bonjour service and Eraser to load at boot but I can't imagine why that would be connected.

and just like that, it's started working again.

I was having a problem with BSOD when running Plex Media Server, which I seem to have solved by disabling something called "SATA IDE Combined Mode" in the BIOS.

When I next ran HwInfo64, my screen went blank and I had to do a hard reset, so I don't know if the devices changing as a result of the above setting caused that. After rebooting, HwInfo works OK again, so hopefully it was just a one off.

Is there any way to reset the Max values shown in HwInfoMonitor, other than closing the gadget and re-adding it, as that's the only way I've found so far? Resetting the Min/Max in HwInfo doesn't seem to affect HwInfoMonitor.

Back