Information about how intel core 2 duo E7500 temperature sensors works.

hugop

Hello Guys,

I have an old pc
Hewlett-Packard HP Compaq 6000 Pro SFF PC with
Intel Core 2 Duo E7500

I also have windows 10 latest version 21h2 and hwinfo v 7.24-4770.

1654601481473.png

In my intel core 2 duo e 7500 what is the temperature sensor i should care about and enable an alert if the temperature is too hot?

Can you give a detailed explanation about cpu temp sensors for my cpu, because i have some doubts about which one is more dangerous and can damage my hardware.

I am a newbie with this readings.

I love this software because it's lightweight, it's useful and it's free.

I am Waiting for an answer ASAP.

Thank you for your help.
Kindly Regards.

Hugop.

DTS temperature sensors in those older CPUs (Penryn family) were less accurate especially below 50 C.
Check this for more details:

Hello Martin, I already did it as far as i can understand the temperature sensors on this older pc is not accurate as on the newest ones.
But i want to protect my hardware from overheating the cpu.
I want to enable some kind of alert but i need to know how far can i push my cpu, because my room where my pc is in the summer becomes too hot.
I was searching on intel website and the only information i founded was Tcase temperature max is 74,1 but because what i read i am confusing now.

I don't know if it's possible or not to configure an alert as i wrote previously.

Can you Help me Martin!?

Thank you!
Kindly Regards
Hugop

Tcase,max is the maximum temperature of the CPU surface, so on top of the IHS and this doesn't seem to be measured by a sensor in your system.
DTS measures the internal temperature inside the core, which maximum is the Tj,max (should be 100 C for your CPU). This is always higher than Tcase.
DTS is also more accurate closer to the maximum temperature so I'd watch this value and keep it below 90 C (or even below 80 C for longer periods).

But i want to protect my hardware from overheating the cpu.
I want to enable some kind of alert but i need to know how far can i push my cpu, because my room where my pc is in the summer becomes too hot.

CPU overheat protection this is a job that your motherboard will do that automatically.
What is solely your choice so to improve, this is the entire CPU heatsink.
You may replace it by something better than the INTEL stock cooler.
core 2 duo E7500 it should not be pushed in any way, due it age it can not be paired with modern games, but it is fast enough at stock speed, to do everything else.

Back