Is HWiNFO causing the dreaded WHEA-Logger Event ID XX Cache Hierarchy Errors and sudden reboots on AMD Ryzen systems?

Hi Martin,

same happened for me... Ryzen 7950X3D on X670E, with sporadic reboots. Debugged WHEA to "Bugcheck 9F" with no specific leads/reasons in the dump.
After some research found this thread: https://www.hwinfo.com/forum/threads/bsod-random-on-laptop-lenovo-legion-5.8297/ and uninstalled HWinfo.
Since then, not a single unexpected reboot or system instability anymore.

I've been using HWinfo for longer than I can recall, and still loving it!
So anything I can do to help debug this to the root cause, I'll be happy to do.
Just let me know what that is.

Cheers
Davy

Hi Martin,

same happened for me... Ryzen 7950X3D on X670E, with sporadic reboots. Debugged WHEA to "Bugcheck 9F" with no specific leads/reasons in the dump.
After some research found this thread: https://www.hwinfo.com/forum/threads/bsod-random-on-laptop-lenovo-legion-5.8297/ and uninstalled HWinfo.
Since then, not a single unexpected reboot or system instability anymore.

I've been using HWinfo for longer than I can recall, and still loving it!
So anything I can do to help debug this to the root cause, I'll be happy to do.
Just let me know what that is.

Cheers
Davy

What mainboard do you have? If there's an "EC" sensor present you might try to disable its monitoring if that will help.
Or if you're running any other system monitoring, tweaking or anti-cheat software, try to run without them.
Otherwise please attach the HWiNFO Debug File.

What mainboard do you have? If there's an "EC" sensor present you might try to disable its monitoring if that will help.
Or if you're running any other system monitoring, tweaking or anti-cheat software, try to run without them.
Otherwise please attach the HWiNFO Debug File.
Thanks Martin. It's the ASUS Crosshair X670E Extreme. Installed HWinfo v7.60 now - it detected an EC sensor but I did not have that monitored before either. Removed it again in fresh setup.
Debug mode is enabled now, so once I encounter any WHEA/reboot, I'll go and find the dbg file and post it here.

Oh - BTW - any known incompatibilities with Aida64? :)

I see chipset temps in 2 sections one via embeded controller that hwinfo warns about to disable and another section, would it be safe to leave it on in the section that is not disabled ? i do not think its giving me issues tho
1691445373199.png

I'm not aware of any incompatibility with AIDA64, but to be sure try to run without it.
That chipset temp should not be causing issues as I don't think any other tool can read it, hence should not collide with HWiNFO via the same interface. Perhaps only ASUS tools.
FYI, I'm currently in talks with ASUS on how to avoid issues with their tools, but not sure yet if there is a sufficient desire on their side...

FYI, since I installed v7.60-5170 and have debug mode on, the WHEA/9F issue didn't recur (though I continue monitoring same sensors (not the EC one), and AIDA64 still in parallel).

FYI, since I installed v7.60-5170 and have debug mode on, the WHEA/9F issue didn't recur (though I continue monitoring same sensors (not the EC one), and AIDA64 still in parallel).
Same same, now >4w later, no crashes anymore

Back