Is HWiNFO causing the dreaded WHEA-Logger Event ID XX Cache Hierarchy Errors and sudden reboots on AMD Ryzen systems?

So far so good.
Reinstalled windows with all latest drivers including GPU, installed windows updates.
I also installed all my apps, steam, uplay etc.
HWiNFO is on all the time.
I played Diablo 3 for 30 mins, no reboot.
Tried Uplay games and no problem or reboot.
Also browsing and watching youtube, no problem with HWiNFO.

I will try Prime95 (not OCCT) for an hour then I will inform you again.

Edit:
I also removed bios thermal throttle limit.
Change DDRAM frequency to 3600 MHZ from 3200.
Rest of bios is default (CPB on, PBO on ...)

If you have any more reports from build 4362 meanwhile, they are welcome...
So far so good. I haven't done anything too demanding over the past few hours on my computer as I'm still running Karhu RAM Test, but here you have another screenshot:

Screenshot (65).png

Over 1 hour Prime95 test no restart or any other issues. (While watching youtube btw).
It seems problem was HWiNFO last version.
The beta which @Martin was shared is working so far without any problem.
At least I am not gonna RMA any hardware :).
I will leave my pc on for all night to be sure if it restarts or not.
Ekran görüntüsü 2021-02-03 001759.png

Thanks for the feedback.
I'm already preparing one more build per AMD recommendation.
Should be ready in a couple of minutes...

Hey Martin,

I just registered for this issue. Got a 5900X and an XFX 6800 XT. I experienced crashes only when PCIE Gen4 was enabled, and mostly in long-lived idle states or inbetween consecutive Handbrake queued encodes (not sure if this is an issue with HWiNFO).

Downloaded your latest beta build, stopped HWiNFO64 and replaced the .exe. Started HWiNFO64 and the system immediately completely froze up (still image, no reboot). After rebooting it seems to work. It's on Gen 3 right now so I don't expect any crashes, I'll test again with Gen 4 later today.

Thanks for all your hard work!

Hey Martin,

I just registered for this issue. Got a 5900X and an XFX 6800 XT. I experienced crashes only when PCIE Gen4 was enabled, and mostly in long-lived idle states or inbetween consecutive Handbrake queued encodes (not sure if this is an issue with HWiNFO).

Downloaded your latest beta build, stopped HWiNFO64 and replaced the .exe. Started HWiNFO64 and the system immediately completely froze up (still image, no reboot). After rebooting it seems to work. It's on Gen 3 right now so I don't expect any crashes, I'll test again with Gen 4 later today.

Thanks for all your hard work!

Which build have you used, 4364 ? Are you sure it was this build that crashed when you launched it?

Which build have you used, 4364 ? Are you sure it was this build that crashed when you launched it?
4364, yes. The system immediately locked up after I double clicked the new .exe.

Other monitoring apps running:
- Adrenalin
- Argus Monitor

Although those never interfered with HWiNFO in the past, so I highly doubt that's an issue (and everything's fine now after the reboot).

I have double-checked everything in the latest build and there should be nothing triggering the problem described in this thread anymore.
So it's rather strange that it crashed and I'm not sure if it was related to the same issue.

I have double-checked everything in the latest build and there should be nothing triggering the problem described in this thread anymore.
So it's rather strange that it crashed and I'm not sure if it was related to the same issue.
OK. I just thought I'd report this.

One more thing: I'm running Rainmeter with the JSMeter addon that uses HWiNFO - it loads HWiNFO.dll from 2016 and has worked quite well. Might that be the culprit and it didn't like the in-place upgrade?
Although I've done in place installer based upgrades of HWiNFO in the past without issues.

Public version 6.43-4365 Beta has been released. This includes the latest patches for this issue plus a few other improvements. It's highly recommended to update to this version.

Public version 6.43-4365 Beta has been released. This includes the latest patches for this issue plus a few other improvements. It's highly recommended to update to this version.
Thank you, Martin. I will update to that Beta version right away.
In the meantime, about Beta 4634:

Screenshot (66).png

Yes I can confirm no more whea 18, reboots or crashes. It only happened on my system on 6.42 and beta builds, 6.40 was fine too.

Thanks for fixing this, it was driving crazy so many people :oops:

Thanks for the feedback guys, I'm glad that this resolved.
BTW, OCCT should be updated accordingly very soon as well.

I wrote on AMD help forums and I have the exact same thing, except that I dont run into problems with pre 1.2.0.0 agesa. Im more stable with older agesa. Even on stock/auto settings I cannot run karhu or TM5. But everytime I ran those 2 tests I had hwinfo64 (6.40-4330) open in the background to try and catch whea errors before reboot, but I was unable to log anything. It was straight reboots.

I have a ROG strix B450-F gaming + ryzen 5900x + 4x8gb gskill ripjaws 3200mhz Cl14 giving some whea error and reboots only in karhu mem benchmarkand TM5. Daily usage is fine, no crashes, bluescreen nor stuttering. I can even run prime95, membench, cb23, cb20 without errors:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/u1bkd9os3tk5rg1/applicationsevtx.evtx/file

https://www.mediafire.com/file/h0ib41896t1knqj/systemevtx.evtx/file

Back