Is there a way to disable all sensors but the ones I’m using for my custom overlay?

BlindBison

Going off of this thread here: https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/d...le-impact-on-performance.443665/#post-6030426

It sounds like you don’t really want to run sensors you’re not using as they can take up a bit of CPU time.

I only use a few sensor values for my custom overlay, is there a way to only enable those few while disabling the others? I haven’t figured out how to do this yet if so.

The other question I had was whether or not it’s possible to change the polling/read rate of HWINFO, I don’t feel like I really need this to be too high personally.

Thanks!

You can use muti-row selection to select multiple items in sensors window and then hit Del to disable them.
Sensor polling rate can be changed in the sensor settings window.

You can use muti-row selection to select multiple items in sensors window and then hit Del to disable them.
Sensor polling rate can be changed in the sensor settings window.
Thank you again for your replay that really helped me out -- by default I see the global poling period is set to 2000 ms / 100 cycles / emb controller 1 cycle. Does this mean that for most sensors (cpu temp / usage / ram usage / gpu vram usage and frequency, etc) that they are polled every 2 seconds?
And if I changed this to say, 4000 ms, 200 cycles, and 2 emb cycles, the polling would be a bit less accurate (since it would not be capturing as often), but then it would poll only every 4 seconds for example.

I just want to double check my understanding. This global polling period affects all sensors at once, correct? I wouldn't need to set anything for each one I'm using individually? Thanks so much, I love your tool!

Thank you again for your replay that really helped me out -- by default I see the global poling period is set to 2000 ms / 100 cycles / emb controller 1 cycle. Does this mean that for most sensors (cpu temp / usage / ram usage / gpu vram usage and frequency, etc) that they are polled every 2 seconds?
Yes, all sensors except SMART and EC will be polled every 2 seconds. SMART then 2000*100 ms, EC 2000*1 ms.

And if I changed this to say, 4000 ms, 200 cycles, and 2 emb cycles, the polling would be a bit less accurate (since it would not be capturing as often), but then it would poll only every 4 seconds for example.
Yes. For this case all sensors except SMART and EC will be polled every 4 seconds. SMART then 4000*200 ms, EC 4000*2 ms.

I just want to double check my understanding. This global polling period affects all sensors at once, correct? I wouldn't need to set anything for each one I'm using individually? Thanks so much, I love your tool!
Yes, the global setting affects all sensors and SMART/EC are derived from it - polled every global * x.

Yes, all sensors except SMART and EC will be polled every 2 seconds. SMART then 2000*100 ms, EC 2000*1 ms.

Yes. For this case all sensors except SMART and EC will be polled every 4 seconds. SMART then 4000*200 ms, EC 4000*2 ms.

Yes, the global setting affects all sensors and SMART/EC are derived from it - polled every global * x.
Thank you very much, this is everything I needed to know, much appreciated!

Back