Issue with Shared Memory Viewer

t_nefty

I'm trying to run rainmeter with HWInfo64 but I can't get the shared memory view to give me any info.
Bf60Gr.png

Any ideas on to why this might be? and if not, is there some kind of workaround to find the id's I need for rainmeter without the shared memory viewer?

Im running win7 64 and the latest beta of HWI64, but it didnt work on 4.5 either. I also have the x86 2008 Visual C++ Runtime installed.

Thanks in advance!

Martin said:
Do you have the latest version (2.0) of Rainmeter plug-in as well? http://www.hwinfo.com/forum/Thread-Rainmeter-plug-in-for-HWiNFO-2-0
Also please make sure you have the "Shared Memory Support" feature in HWiNFO enabled.

Thank you for the fast reply! Yes shared memory support was checked and I'm pretty sure I had the plugin installed but I went ahead and reinstalled it, but unfortunately that didn't change the problem. Ive also un/installed HWI64 a few times which also gave no results.

EDIT: I think I just figured it out. Using the HWInfoSharedMemoryViewer.exe that was in the resource folder of my rainmeter skin was the issue, I believe. I used the HWInfoSharedMemoryViewer.exe that was in the resource folder of the HWInfoPlugin and it worked without a hiccup. Will I be able to use those same values for my rainmeter dashboard?

2ND EDIT: It would appear the values are not the same, unless I'm taking the wrong values or putting them in the wrong place when I edit my rainmeter. The skin Im using is Dashboard 1.8 if that helps.

Hi,

Based on the picture you posted, you are using the old version.  You need to use the latest.  Notice the difference in the dialogs here:
v1 - http://www.hwinfo.com/forum/Thread-Rainmeter-plug-in-for-HWiNFO
v2 - http://www.hwinfo.com/forum/Thread-Rainmeter-plug-in-for-HWiNFO-2-0
You can also look at the details tab of the file properties to see the version.

So yes, sounds like when you installed the new HWiNFO skin the one in "Documents\Rainmeter\Skins\HWiNFO\@Resources" was updated to 2.0 properly, but you must have had the old one in your skin directory still.

The skin you are using does not matter.  All skins will call this plugin the same, and use the same values.  But the IDs did change between v1 & v2 so you need to update them if you initially developed the skin in v1.  Please read the v2 link above for more info.

stangowner said:
Hi,

Based on the picture you posted, you are using the old version.  You need to use the latest.  Notice the difference in the dialogs here:
v1 - http://www.hwinfo.com/forum/Thread-Rainmeter-plug-in-for-HWiNFO
v2 - http://www.hwinfo.com/forum/Thread-Rainmeter-plug-in-for-HWiNFO-2-0
You can also look at the details tab of the file properties to see the version.

So yes, sounds like when you installed the new HWiNFO skin the one in "Documents\Rainmeter\Skins\HWiNFO\@Resources" was updated to 2.0 properly, but you must have had the old one in your skin directory still.

The skin you are using does not matter.  All skins will call this plugin the same, and use the same values.  But the IDs did change between v1 & v2 so you need to update them if you initially developed the skin in v1.  Please read the v2 link above for more info.

If that's the case then I'm really stumped cause I can't get any results at all.
RBNe6m.png

It seems that HWInfo and the viewer is working fine but no matter what ID's i save in the .ini for the skin I'm using, I cant get it to display any info. Also, the hwinfo plugin doesn't display any info either. Does that need to be configured too? Thanks for all the help.

Hi,

Yes, the IDs in the default skin need to be updated to match your hardware.  Please edit the "Documents\Rainmeter\Skins\HWiNFO\@Resources\HWiNFO.inc" file to update the IDs.

You have the DTS Core 0 temp selected in the picture of the shared memory viewer.  So in your instance, you can edit the file to put in these:
Code:
; CPU 0 DTS
HWiNFO-CPU0-DTS-SensorId=0xF0000400
HWiNFO-CPU0-DTS-SensorInstance=0x0
HWiNFO-CPU0-DTS-CoreMax=0x1000000

Save the HWiNFO.inc file, and refresh the skin.  Your Core 0 temp will now show in the CPU temp section.  You should use the "Core Max" ID instead of Core 0, but as you don't have it selected I'm not sure what you have in there as a value.

The default skin is actually the "Documents\Rainmeter\Skins\HWiNFO\HWiNFO.ini" file.  I broke out all the variables into a separate file so it was easier to edit - you don't need to navigate through the skin code.

So in the skin, this code is what creates the CPU temp measure:
Code:
[HWiNFOCPU0Temp]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=HWiNFO.dll
HWiNFOSensorId=#HWiNFO-CPU0-DTS-SensorId#
HWiNFOSensorInstance=#HWiNFO-CPU0-DTS-SensorInstance#
HWiNFOEntryId=#HWiNFO-CPU0-DTS-CoreMax#
HWiNFOType=CurrentValue
MinValue=0
MaxValue=100

If you were to remove the variables from the second file and just insert them into the skin directly without using variables, the code would end up:
Code:
[HWiNFOCPU0Temp]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=HWiNFO.dll
HWiNFOSensorId=0xF0000400
HWiNFOSensorInstance=0x0
HWiNFOEntryId=0x1000000
HWiNFOType=CurrentValue
MinValue=0
MaxValue=100

You can just do this if its easier and you are not distributing the skin.  If you are distributing it, I'd leave all the variables in a separate file like I did in the demo skin to make it easy for users to update.

Hope this helped.  Let me know if not.

Well I was able to configure the plugin to work but I still can't get the Dashboard skin to work.

eTo8sl.png

I used the HWiNFOCPU0Temp code and it changed the meter from being blank to displaying %1 degrees C so I'm not sure if that's a step forward or backward. Is there something I'm doing wrong? I sincerely appreciate your time, thanks for all the help!

I just sent you a PM with my email address.  Can you email me a copy of your skin?  There's not enough info in the pic.

Thanks for the file.  I see the issue.  The skin you are using was initially configured using v1.  So the code in the "CPU Temp Left High.ini" file to get the CPU temp from HWiNFO is:
Code:
CPU0TempID=2001000

;===============================================================================================
;Measures
;===============================================================================================

[MeasureCore1Temp]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=HWiNFO
HWiNFOID=#CPU0TempID#
MinValue=0
MaxValue=100

This won't work anymore.  There were major changes for HWiNFO 4.44 and the HWiNFO Rainmeter 2.0 plugin.  So the measure has to be updated per the instructions in the v2 page that I linked earlier.

Changing that code to this works great:
Code:
[MeasureCore1Temp]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=HWiNFO.dll
HWiNFOSensorId=0xf0000400
HWiNFOSensorInstance=0x0
HWiNFOEntryId=0x7f
HWiNFOType=CurrentValue
MinValue=0
MaxValue=100

Here is the result, and the values I used from the shared memory viewer:
cpu-round.png

Yes! This solved it thank you so much! I was really about to give up on this project too lol. At first I didn't think it was working but then I realized its important to also remove the "MEASURES" section that's surrounded by the two lines of "="

Thanks again for all the help!

Hi, I had the same problem, "hwinfo shared memory viewer" for some reason does not see that the "shared memory support" checkbox is checked.
1638232365758.png

Back