LCD Smartie plug-in for HWiNFO

hurley

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
LCD Smartie - HWiNFO Plugin
Enables display of system sensor data on your character LCD screen.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
z20dmFr.gif

Update: Version 1.0.3 12-04-2021
- Program data files: hwinfo.ini, hwinfo_Sensors.txt, hwinfo_LoopSensors.txt now located in App Data directory:
C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\LCD Smartie\plugins\hwinfo
Change Log:
v1.0.2 - Includes handling for offline sensors with user configurable Offline sensor value.
v1.0.1 - Includes patched DNBridge.dll to fix text encoding issue with dotNET plugins.
v1.0.0 - Includes support for new shared memory layout in HWiNFO v4.30+
Minimum Requirements:
- LCD Smartie 5.3 beta 3+ (for dotNET plugin support)
- HWiNFO v4.30+ (for V2 shared memory support)
- dotNET Framework 4.0+
The download includes a comprehensive user guide: LCD Smartie HWiNFO Plugin v1.0.2.pdf
so I'll keep this post to a general introduction.

HWiNFO Plugin Setup
--------------------------
1. Start and set-up HWiNFO to monitor the sensors you are interested in and name the sensors as you prefer.
2. Make sure to enable Shared Memory in HWiNFO.
3. Extract hwinfo.dll and hwinfo.ini to your LCD Smartie plugins folder.
4. On the first run HWiNFO Plugin will create and open hwinfo_Sensors.txt
5. Get the sensor address of the sensor you want displayed from the tables in hwinfo_Sensors.txt
6. Type into LCD Smarties screen settings: $dll(hwinfo,1,x,) where x = your sensor address.

LCD Smartie plugins use a command line style syntax: $dll(plugin,function,param1,param2)
The syntax for using HWiNFO Plugin is:

$dll(hwinfo,Function,[?SensorGroup]|[?SensorType]|[SensorLabel],[Options])

Functions:
$dll(hwinfo,1,sensor address,) - The main function. Returns sensor value for given sensor address.
$dll(hwinfo,2,,) or $dll(hwinfo,1,#loop,,) - Loops through all the sensors monitored by HWiNFO.
$dll(hwinfo,3,,) or $dll(hwinfo,1,#loopfile,,) - Loops through the sensors defined in hwinfo_LoopSensors.txt
$dll(hwinfo,4,,) or $dll(hwinfo,1,#sensors,,) - Creates a list of all available sensor id's and names.
$dll(hwinfo,5,,) or $dll(hwinfo,1,#config,,) - Re-loads settings from the config file hwinfo.ini

Sensor Address: (param1)
- Each value must be separated by "|" bar symbol ( SensorGroup and SensorType are optional)
- These values represent the sensor address of the sensor you want to display.
- The sensor addresses for your system can be found in hwinfo_Sensors.txt

Options: (param2)
- These are all optional, per sensor overrides for the defaults which are set in hwinfo.ini
- Each option can be added in any sequence and must be separated by "|" bar symbol.

More information about the options is in the included user guide, but briefly the options include settings for:
Decimal place, Show/Hide sensor labels/values/units, Display Min/Max/Avg reading, Display sensor group/type.

***Big thank you to HWiNFO's author Martin for assistance in creating this plugin.***

You can reach me here with questions or feedback or at LCD Smartie Forum:
LCD Smartie Forum - Plugin Announcements - HWiNFO Plugin

Happy hardware monitoring.. :D

Cheers,
hurley.

Attachments

• LCD Smartie_HWiNFO_Plugin_v1.0.3.zip
    124.6 KB · Views: 183
Last edited:
Hey, I have a question.

It appears things are a bit different with the hwinfo.ini with the new updates.

I want to make it so the label doesn't appear in smartie (show labels i believe), I want to remove unit of measurement (the * after temps, for example), and I want to be able to control how many characters show up (ie 34 instead of 34.015).

Thanks. The original LCD smartie plug-in thread... I can't find it.

Hello Belial88,
If you want to apply those settings globally (all the time) use the config file hwinfo.ini in the plugin directory:

[Settings]
-----------
Show Labels <False>
Show Units <False>

[Decimal Places] Change the decimal place value for the relevant sensor type. eg:
-------------------
Temperature <0>
Voltage <0>
etc...

If you want to apply those setting only to the instance defined in LCD Smarties screen settings:
Add each option to the param2 overrides separated by '|' eg:

$dll(hwinfo,1,sensor,-L|-U|0)

-L = hide Labels
-U = hide Units
0 = no decimal places

The LCD Smartie forum's been down for the last few days, it's back up now though.

Okay... so I set this all up again like a few weeks ago (as I posted earlier). I got this problem, and I fixed it, but I dont recall how I fixed it a few weeks ago.

I get lcd smartie, I move the folder to somewhere else because I dont want it in downloads, whatever. The whole folder with everything in it.

I get the plugin, I extract all files, and then i copy hwinfo.ini and .dll to lcdsmartie's plugin folder.

Then I get 2 error messages when I start smartie:

Load of plugin failed: LoadLibrary failed with #126: The specified module could not be found.

and

The program can't start because MSVCR71.dll is missing form your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.

hwinfo v4.4-2240, i mean everything is newest version.

So I found and downloaded msvcr71.dll into syswow64...

now I get 'load of plugin failed: Bridge Init for hwinfo.dll failed with [Exception: Could not load file or assembly 'file:///C:\Users\NAME\Downloads\lcd_smartie_v5.4\plugins\hwinfo.dll' or one of its dependencies. This assembly is built by a runtime newer than the currently loaded runtime and cannot be loaded.]

Sounds like you've got some other issues with your system, corrupted files and such.
If you've had to replace a system dll it likely needs to be re-registered as well.
This can be done with right click --> Register on my ye-olde WinXP, I'm not sure if that also works with Win7.
I think resolving the msvcr71.dll issue may solve your problem.

Failing that: There are some threads on issues similar to Load of plugin failed at LCD Smartie forum:

Generally these errors are related to missing dll's or dotNET framework issues.

The hwinfo plugin is targeted at dotNET framework 4 which is required to access HWiNFO's shared memory and this dependency is unchanged since v1.0.0.
As I understand the plugin worked for you previously, I would check that all dll's are in the right places and failing that try re-installing dotNET 4.

If the problem persists, start narrowing it down:
- Do other smartie plugins work/not work..?
- Do plugins that target earlier frameworks like dotNET 2 work..?
Worst case scenario, re-install Windows or re-load a previous Windows image that didn't have any issues.

Hi, i have the same problem like Belial88.

Load of plugin failed: LoadLibrary failed with #126: The specified module could not be found.
and
The program can't start because MSVCR71.dll is missing form your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.

Can someone help pls.

Sorry I didn't get an email about these posts. Just saw them now.
I fixed the links above to LCD Smartie forums on these issues, as below:

In case LCD Smartie forums go down:
The method which Belial88 reported as fixing the issue (first link) requires a config file named LCDSmartie.exe.config be copied to / created in the LCD Smartie program directory.
The content of this file should be as below:

Code:
<configuration>
<startup useLegacyV2RuntimeActivationPolicy="true">
<supportedRuntime version="v4.0" />
</startup>
 <runtime>
    <loadFromRemoteSources enabled="true" />
  </runtime>
</configuration>

Or just download the attached zip file and extract to LCD Smartie directory.

Hope this resolves your issues.
hurley.

Attachments

• config_file.zip
    284 bytes · Views: 77
hurley said:
Sorry I didn't get an email about these posts. Just saw them now.
I fixed the links above to LCD Smartie forums on these issues, as below:

In case LCD Smartie forums go down:
The method which Belial88 reported as fixing the issue (first link) requires a config file named LCDSmartie.exe.config be copied to / created in the LCD Smartie program directory.
The content of this file should be as below:

Code:
<configuration>
<startup useLegacyV2RuntimeActivationPolicy="true">
<supportedRuntime version="v4.0" />
</startup>
 <runtime>
    <loadFromRemoteSources enabled="true" />
  </runtime>
</configuration>

Or just download the attached zip file and extract to LCD Smartie directory.

Hope this resolves your issues.
hurley.
Hi.I'm trying to use this plugin but when I try to load it in LCD Smartie I get " Load of plugin failed: LoadLibrary failed with #193 "

I've put the config file and dnbridge.dll in LCD smartie folder but there's no change. I've tried other plugins and get the same error, only NVplugin.dll is working fine
I'm using windows 7 64bit.have .NET 4.5 installed

Please help.I've spent hours trying to get this working.

I'm not sure what error code 193 relates to but I suspect it's a dotNET framework issue.
Particularly if NVplugin is not a dotNET plugin and it works.

Have you got dotNET 3.5 features enabled on your Win7 install? I'm not sure if it is by default.

hurley said:
I'm not sure what error code 193 relates to but I suspect it's a dotNET framework issue.
Particularly if NVplugin is not a dotNET plugin and it works.

Have you got dotNET 3.5 features enabled on your Win7 install? I'm not sure if it is by default.

It was the NET 3.5 problem.it was installed but it was messed up at some point.I found a tutorial online on how to reset it since you can't reinstall it when it's built it.All up and running now.

I have a question when displaying the temperature on the LCD the degrees symbol shows as || any suggestions?? eg. GPU Temperature 58||C

sulie316 said:
I have a question when displaying the temperature on the LCD the degrees symbol shows as || any suggestions??  eg. GPU Temperature 58||C

That sounds like an LCD Smartie problem or LCD weirdness. Make sure the screen is already plugged in before you start LCD Smartie. If you still have problems, try using the -u option and just get rid of it. lol

sulie316 said:
I have a question when displaying the temperature on the LCD the degrees symbol shows as || any suggestions??  eg. GPU Temperature 58||C

That is odd.. What happens if you put a degree symbol straight into an empty screen config?
Use the "Insert-->" button from Misc. tab or Alt+0176 or copy/paste from Character Map.

From memory I think LCD Smartie uses a custom character for the degree symbol.
Are you using the custom characters elsewhere? That could be overriding the degree symbol...

It's been a long time since I've used it and I don't have the hardware to hand anymore.

EDIT:
If it turns out to be the custom characters causing it and your're not using all 8 of them, you could re-allocate your custom chars to free up $Chr(176).
That's the one Smartie uses for degree's.

hello, I registered today to download your plugin, but I don't understand why I cannot download it. Is there some procedure that I have to follow in order to gain the access to the file?

edit. Ok I have downloaded the file, I don't know why, but after a little time, I click on the link and it downloads the file!

Back