NXZT Kraken X42/X52/X62 monitoring broken on 6.06

Netsuko

Hello!

The sensor monitoring of the NXZT Kraken X42/X52/X62 does appear to be not functional anymore with the 6.06 update.

The entry still shows up in the sensors, but it is empty.  I have already done a fresh install, did a "Restore Original Order" and checked "Fixed order" in the sensor settings but it does not help.

Please attach the HWiNFO Debug File with sensor data and I will check this.

Martin said:
Please attach the HWiNFO Debug File with sensor data and I will check this.

I have been trying to find out how to create the debug file. Is it created automatically in the HWINFO64 folder by starting the application? Because there is only the executable and the .ini file in there.

Alright!

I hope these are the correct files

Attachments

• HWiNFO64.DBG
    701.5 KB · Views: 2
  • NETSU.HTM
    1.4 KB · Views: 2
Thanks. Unfortunately you didn't open sensors, so the dump doesn't contain some required data.
Now please get this version: www.hwinfo.com/beta/hwi64_607_3775.zip and run in Debug Mode again, also don't forget to open sensors before closing the program.
Then please attach the new DBG file created using that version. I need to analyze it further...

Martin said:
Thanks. Unfortunately you didn't open sensors, so the dump doesn't contain some required data.
Now please get this version: www.hwinfo.com/beta/hwi64_607_3775.zip and run in Debug Mode again, also don't forget to open sensors before closing the program.
Then please attach the new DBG file created using that version. I need to analyze it further...

Installed the version mentioned. Not sure if it's important, but the NZXT Kraken entry no longer shows up in the sensors at all anymore in this version.

Attachments

• HWiNFO64.DBG
    941.2 KB · Views: 1
Thanks. I can see that HWiNFO is unable to access that cooler because some other program is using it exclusively.
Are you running any other monitoring tools including CAM? If yes, can you try to close such tools and then see if it will work?

Martin said:
Thanks. I can see that HWiNFO is unable to access that cooler because some other program is using it exclusively.
Are you running any other monitoring tools including CAM? If yes, can you try to close such tools and then see if it will work?

There should be no other program accessing it (exclusively) as all I did was updating HWiNFO to the new version. I will look over my system again and make sure there are no other programs running, reboot and then report back.

Okay, it seems that for some reason, CAM is now exclusively accessing the sensor, that has never been the case before. The program was not updated. This is rather strange. Closing CAM brings the sensors back, opening CAM removes the values again. I was able to run CAM and HWiNFO at the same time with no problems. But at least there is a workaround for this so far :)

Well, really not sure what happened, but it must be somehow related to CAM, perhaps start/boot order.
It's a shame that this application requests exclusive access to the device and won't allow any others while it's active.

Oddly enough I didn't before. And by that I mean, like, two hours ago.
I tried both start orders (CAM first, HWiNFO first). It is also the  same version of CAM I have used before updating HWiNFO.

However it may be, thank you for the quick response, this is very much appreciated!

That's quite odd. Can you please attach HWiNFO Debug File from latest Beta build (3820) ?

I have double checked the version and I have to apologize. The welcome screen tells me a new beta is available, but clicking on the link obviously links to the download page of the latest non-beta release (6.06-377) because I clicked on the local (u.s.) download link instead of the Fosshub link which provides all versions.

I apologize again, this was my error. I have checked and version 3820 does indeed work as intended. X_X

Back