Report of High CPU Soc Power Causes Q code 00 on Motherboard

theufan06

Hello.

I have been experiencing Post code 00, not on boot but during I use my computer for 45-60 mins. When this happens, a long-press of the power button wont turn off the system unless PSU is switched off.
Motherboard is Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero and Processor is Ryzen 9 5900x.

It also throttles the processor to less than 4ghz. But as you can see Max Temp is only 63C.

Please help me understand what is happening. Please see screenshot below.
1643213057212.png

1643213087515.png

Exact same Issue, has happened to me twice now. Installed a 5950x on a dark Hero too. Did you ever solve the issue?
Yes I forgot to update the thread.

The solution is to remove any Asus Embedded Controller Support on any of your softwares.

For example in my case, I use Argus Monitor which has Asus Embedded Controller support. I think Corsair iCue also has one.

After doing it, please restart your PC completely. Meaning turn it off all the way to the PSU switch and turn it on again.

I hope this helps.

Thank you for the response , I do have 2 monitoring software Asus AI suite 3 and Icue, don't really load the corsair one but I do have AI suite enabled for fan control. My problem first originated when I installed my processor a month ago a 5950x on the same board Q code 00 error popped up instantly and I had to reinsert the ram dimms to boot properly, Just happened again today, and in the event viewer I was getting constant ACPI EVENT 15.
I'll try your solution have to uninstal both these software.

I've been having random I crash of my pc with a qcode 00 since two month or so . Screen goes black, fans turns off, aio screen turns off (ryujin) but the rgb strip remains on, i have to turn it off on the psu

The pc boots normally when I restart it but I'm worried something is actually failing, I read a code asus might be cpu, psu or motherboard related and I have absolutely no mean to test anything with another mb or cpu.
At first I thought it might be power plan related since I've tried to but the minimum cpu state at a lower % but it just did it again when I was playing a game.
The board is a dark hero crosshair VIII, cpu amd 5900x

I was using the same setting for two years without issues, oc with pbo and curve optimiser. I've just reset the oc settings to run it stock to see if it was the issue but it happens two times at a very different qxe atop one time I was just working on excel, second time when I was gaming.

Is my cpu or mb dying or can it be software / bios related knowing those settings were absolutely fine for a long time?

I've read it could also be because of bad settings or information remaining in the cmos battery and taking it off for a moment can solve it?

What I've tried
Clear cmos
Remove all oc
Went back to stock psu cable (no cable mod)
Flash a more recent bios

Setup

Motherboard: Asus Dark Hero
Processor : Ryzen 5900x-
GPU : RTX 3090 asus strix oc
Psu Seasonic Prime Ultra 1000 titanium
Ram :gskill trident neo 3600 / 32gb
Watercooling : ROG Ryujin 2 360
Case : Phanteks Eclipse P600S
NVME : Sabrent SSD 1TB Rocket Nvme
SSD: Samsung EVO 850 - 250Go + Samsung EVO 850 - 500Go
They all have lots of space left

Nothing in reliability monitor exept "windows did not stopped properly" (or something like this, my os is in french :)

i've never mined, just light work and gaming.

Thanks for the help

When you have these code 00 errors is the Orange light underneath Lit solid or just the 00 code? I had issues where the PC would randomly crash and then code 00 would appear with orange DRAM led lit indicating there is ram compatibility issue I had to manually shutoff the power supply and power the system then it would run fine for a week and then it would happen again , You are using 3600Mhz Neos which should be compatible with the processor but might not be on the QVL list on Asus side.
I was facing pretty mush the same issues and RAM was the culprit it would not run at rated speeds of 3600Mhz and also not on the Asus QVL list , I have 64gb Corsair vengeance PRO SLs 4X16 this motherboard will only run 3600Mhz with 2 dimms all 4 and it would restart.

Not so much a motherboard issue it feels like the IMC on the processor is weak. I build my system in march and received a defective 5950X the replacement was a B2 stepping which I am currently running and has a weak IMC so it does only 3200Mhz which is the official supported memory speeds anything above is a overclock and very finicky. So if you have 4 sticks of ram try 2 in A1 and B1 slots to see if this random reboot happens. My problem went away with selection DOCP at 3200Mhz.

Also run Memtest 86 4 passes to see if any errors crop-up, I had errors in second pass with 3600Mhz , 3533Mhz was also passed but the system was unstable it would reboot randomly while idling. 3600Mhz with 2 dimms also passed Memtest. Now if your code is only 00 then its possibly the CPU (possibly). Also check system logs and look for WHEA errors code 18 and 19.

When you have these code 00 errors is the Orange light underneath Lit solid or just the 00 code? I had issues where the PC would randomly crash and then code 00 would appear with orange DRAM led lit indicating there is ram compatibility issue I had to manually shutoff the power supply and power the system then it would run fine for a week and then it would happen again , You are using 3600Mhz Neos which should be compatible with the processor but might not be on the QVL list on Asus side.
I was facing pretty mush the same issues and RAM was the culprit it would not run at rated speeds of 3600Mhz and also not on the Asus QVL list , I have 64gb Corsair vengeance PRO SLs 4X16 this motherboard will only run 3600Mhz with 2 dimms all 4 and it would restart.

Not so much a motherboard issue it feels like the IMC on the processor is weak. I build my system in march and received a defective 5950X the replacement was a B2 stepping which I am currently running and has a weak IMC so it does only 3200Mhz which is the official supported memory speeds anything above is a overclock and very finicky. So if you have 4 sticks of ram try 2 in A1 and B1 slots to see if this random reboot happens. My problem went away with selection DOCP at 3200Mhz.

Also run Memtest 86 4 passes to see if any errors crop-up, I had errors in second pass with 3600Mhz , 3533Mhz was also passed but the system was unstable it would reboot randomly while idling. 3600Mhz with 2 dimms also passed Memtest. Now if your code is only 00 then its possibly the CPU (possibly). Also check system logs and look for WHEA errors code 18 and 19.
I need to check if it happens again. All I've noticed was screen, fans off , and aio screen going black. I've read that an overtight aio could do this but it did it again. It's very very random, it sometimes does not happen for two weeks or much.

I've done a memtest. 0 issues

Getting a new board (z790 gaming strix) next week and a i7 13700k. I hope It was just an amd issue they k can get rid off!

Back