Vcore reading on MSI X99S GAMING 7

I'm afraid, I don't know what exactly it's reporting. We will need to wait for answer from MSI...

Honestly, if Command Center would report Vid instead of Vcore, this software is useless..
We don't care about Vid when we obverclokck and load the CPU...

I hope MSI is aware aboiut this... lol

I got a response from MSI that the inability to read Vcore is because of the combination of 6-core CPUs with the X99 chipset.

Thanks for your answer.

Do you really understand what it means ?
That's ridiculous. All people I know with X99 motherboard and hexacore are able to read real Vcore.

Did tthey give other elements in their answer to explain this ?

Yes, sure lol
Any chance to get a reliable answer from MSI ?
Or maybe they don't want to write there is an issue...

I confirm you the answer from MSI is not true.
I got some examples on overclock.net showing it...

Also, did they tell you which Vcore is reported (Vid or real Vcore) by the Command Center graph ? (See my screenshots ) :

That would be very interesting to know.

Thank you.

Here are 2 screenshots from overclock.net :

They are the report with HWiNFO for a 5820K mounted on an ASUS X99 motherboard :

As you can on the second one (Highlighted in blue), Vcore is properly reported.

MSI is lying ? :)

Vcore monitoring is a mainboard-specific feature, perhaps ASUS is using a different method.
Would be interesting to see more results of 6- and 8-core CPUs on your MSI mainboard.

I have asked an Overclock.net member who has the same board as me and a i7-5820K to make screenshots.
Let's see.

Here is the screenshot of this overclock.net member who owns the same board as me (MSI X99S GAMING 7) and an i7-5820K (6 cores Haswell-e) :
This screenshot was taken during stress test AIDA64 "CPU/FPU/Cache"  using HWiNFO64.

As you can see, Vcore is completely false ; between 0.04V and 0.232V.

MSI has clearly an issue to report Vcore. This is really a pity.

what should we do now ?

Should we post something official to their tech support website ? They know you more than me ;)

Got a response regarding the MSI Command Center. For 8-core CPUs they read the same Vcore as HWiNFO does, but for 6-core ones it reports VID instead.

Ok,  thank you for your support and great help ! :)
It seems MSI gives a llack of support on their boards concerning Vcore on 6 cores CPU's...which is a little bit incredible for a gaming and overclocking high-end board.

By the way, it is a powerful one !

it helps me to stabilize my [email protected]@Vid=1,251V !!!! :p
I have also a great chip ;)

ASUS mainboards also report invalid Vcore when the CPU is idle, but this seems to be a common 'feature' of all Haswell systems (probably because of FIVR and lower power states).

Back