7.42 update causes iCUE fans to flash off/on every 2-4 seconds

mmotti

No issues prior to the update. Closing HWINFO64 in the system tray stops the fan LEDS turning off/on.

This is most likely due to newly added support of Commander CORE, CORE XT, ST.
Which cooling model are you using?
Did HWiNFO monitor your fans in previous versions?
Do you have the iCUE software running?

This is most likely due to newly added support of Commander CORE, CORE XT, ST.
Which cooling model are you using?
Did HWiNFO monitor your fans in previous versions?
Do you have the iCUE software running?
It's definitely a problem with HWiNFO, I have the same problem and prior to the 7.42 update this issue didn't occur. iCUE software is not running

It's definitely a problem with HWiNFO, I have the same problem and prior to the 7.42 update this issue didn't occur. iCUE software is not running

Please see my post above with questions.
A workaround is to disable monitoring of the Corsair sensor, or avoid using the iCUE bloatware or completely disable "CorsairLink and Asetek Support" option in HWiNFO.

Hi Martin,

I would like to report that I have the same issue.

H170i Elite LCD with (1) Commander Core and (1) Commander Core XT
Unsure if HWiNFO monitored my fans in previous versions as I cannot find a download link to go back to v7.40 (I would like to go back to v7.40 for now if a download link could be provided)
I do not run the iCUE software

I agree with EternalHabit this is an issue with HWiNFO. I did not have this issue using v7.40.

I have disabled monitoring of the Commander Cores and the flickering has gone away on v7.42. This is without using iCUE software.

I think I have a Commander Core.

I only use it to provide tray icons for CPU, GPU and GPU Junction Temperatures. I hadn't gone out of my way to apply any fan monitoring etc.

iCUE loads at startup, yes, but even if I force closed it the flickering persisted.

Disabling the "CorsairLink and Asetek Support" option stops the flickering although HWiNFO had actually caused the LEDS to turn off completely on one of my fans. Resolved with a reboot.

Strange issue.

i am also having the same issue. and the only way i can fix any led setting i had after i load HWinfo is i have to restart the pc. even if i close the program it still will not let me change any settings. it completely stop the LED's from responding. After trying that version you have posted it stopped the problem for me and i was able to change LED setting back again.

Hmm, so not sure now what's the actual situation. One says that build 5031 didn't help, another one that it did. Would be great to get more feedback.
If the issue is currently happening - please restart the system without launching HWiNFO v7.42. Then start only build 5031 above. Does the problem still happen?
Also make sure iCUE is not running as that might conflict with HWiNFO. iCUE is not compatible with any other monitoring tool.

hmm not sure but it worked for me i have not had any issues since using the link you posted here. everything went back to normal for me. as soon as i opened up the new program you sent my LED's went back to their original settings. Prior to me using this new program they would flash every few seconds in only white. Then when i would shut the program down they just stayed solid white for me and would not change no matter what i tried to do. It would only change when i restarted. But as soon as i loaded the new program it immediately went back to original settings. So for me its now fixed

I would like to install hwinfo64 but now that I read this I am not sure which version to use.
I have the H100i elite lcd and the Commander CORE XT, should I also use the hwi64_743_5031.zip or is 7.42 a better version for me?

I'd recommend build 5031 as that might fix the problem with Commander CORE support.

I'd recommend build 5031 as that might fix the problem with Commander CORE support.

I'm running iCUE 4.33.138 with an H170i cooler/controller and a Commander Core XT. I was running v7.41 and previous version with no problems or conflicts with iCue.

On upgrading to v7.42-5030 all fans connected to both controllers turned off (no flashing symptom for me - just completely off) and couldn't be re-enabled until system reboot. Fan speeds also froze and couldn't be adjusted.

I've tried the beta v7.43-5031 you posted, and this works fine - no issues with fan lighting or speed control with "CorsairLink and Asetek Support" enabled.

I've since reverted to using v7.42-5030 with "CorsairLink and Asetek Support" disabled, and this works for me.

Last edited:
Thanks for your feedback!
So it looks like build 5031 has indeed fixed the issue. I recommend all users that have issues with v7.42 to switch to this build instead. Build 5031 is same as v7.42 + fix for the Corsair Commander Core.

Hi first time poster here.
I am currently using Build 5031 with a Corsair H170i since it was suggested and all sensors are working fine but its turned off all my RGB Leds, so it may not be fully fixed sorry to say, i'll just keep using it as is and keep checking builds.

Are you perhaps running the iCUE software too?
iCUE is not compatible with any other monitoring software and running it with other tools can result in such issues. So in such case and issues it's recommended to either remove iCUE or disable CorsairLink support in HWiNFO.

Back