AMD StoreMI, status disks is not shown

Andrés

Hi Martin, thanks for developing HWINFO.

Yes I know ;), now I must buy a license to keep healthy HWINFO.

After installing AMD StoreMI, the storage information as well as the status icons are not displayed.

Greetings.

Attachments

• hwinfo.png
    hwinfo.png
    12.4 KB · Views: 4
  • tree.png
    tree.png
    4.3 KB · Views: 4
You don't need to buy a license unless you're using HWiNFO for commercial purposes. But if you want to help with support, it's up to you ;)
I'm sorry, but I don't have information how to support this proprietary technology. I tried this in the past, but didn't succeed yet. If you would attach the HWiNFO Debug File, I can have a look if I perhaps can see something, but chances are rather small.

You don't need to buy a license unless you're using HWiNFO for commercial purposes. But if you want to help with support, it's up to you ;)
I'm sorry, but I don't have information how to support this proprietary technology. I tried this in the past, but didn't succeed yet. If you would attach the HWiNFO Debug File, I can have a look if I perhaps can see something, but chances are rather small.

I change the focus of the post for a moment.

I already have my Martín license ;) , I have been using HWINFO for so many years that I no longer remember it.

Whenever I asked something in this forum, you have responded immediately, of course I will collaborate with you.

My name has an accent that I used at the time of registration, but it is not displayed correctly.

It sure is silly.

Attachments

• data.png
    data.png
    15.1 KB · Views: 7
Please check your Regional settings in Windows. What Language for non-Unicode programs do you have set?
Can you try to set the "Use Unicode UTF-8 ..." setting if your name will be shown properly?

1619819944340.png

Please check your Regional settings in Windows. What Language for non-Unicode programs do you have set?
Can you try to set the "Use Unicode UTF-8 ..." setting if your name will be shown properly?

View attachment 6379

Excellent, after reboot...

1619820796707.png

Just one more thing, the registry file, it would be nice if it was called hwinfo64.key, to be in line with hwinfo64.ini and hwinfo64.exe

Thanks, Martin

This is how things are set up

StoreMI or the motherboard sensor does not allow information to be obtained from the storage units.

I think I have to activate Debug Mode to send you the data?.

1619821305966.png
1619821321338.png
1619821337413.png

Using a *.key extension could be problematic with some e-mail clients or anti-malware software. They might block it as suspicious.
Here's how to create the Debug File: https://www.hwinfo.com/forum/threads/read-this-before-submitting-a-report.241/

Maybe in a future version, it could include the possibility for the executable to read both names hwinfo64_key.txt, hwinfo64.key.

This way it would not open a problem with the email attachments.

The interested user could then rename hwinfo64_key.txt to hwinfo64.key.

Thanks for the Debug File. Unfortunately it's as I expected and I'm unable to figure out how to access the members.
Is there perhaps any other tool able to show them? CrystalDiskInfo, HD Sentinel..

Thanks for the Debug File. Unfortunately it's as I expected and I'm unable to figure out how to access the members.
Is there perhaps any other tool able to show them? CrystalDiskInfo, HD Sentinel..

The situation with Crystaldiskinfo is much worse Martin, he does not detect any disc.

It is quite unexpected that the guys at AMD do not consider that the user, might want to check the SMART status of the disks, example.

1619872918943.png

Excellent, after reboot...

View attachment 6380

Just one more thing, the registry file, it would be nice if it was called hwinfo64.key, to be in line with hwinfo64.ini and hwinfo64.exe

Thanks, Martin

After activating UTF in the regional settings, so that hwinfo will display the accent correctly.

Other software started displaying the accent incorrectly.

1619873072847.png

View attachment 6379

Martín on another system that does not support UTF, in the regional settings window, as shown in the image.

How do I solve the problem of accents in the license?

1619916557078.png

Martín on another system that does not support UTF, in the regional settings window, as shown in the image.

How do I solve the problem of accents in the license?

View attachment 6391

In that case I'll have to fix this on my side somehow, let me have a look at that...
Update: This will be fixed in the next Beta build and it should work regardless of regional settings or UTF-8 mode.

Last edited:
In that case I'll have to fix this on my side somehow, let me have a look at that...
Update: This will be fixed in the next Beta build and it should work regardless of regional settings or UTF-8 mode.

Martin, the encoding now seems to work without activating UTF-8 regionally (7.03-4460), this is very good.

I had to disable UTF-8 completely, since software that I use to edit dbf files, could not open the data due to warnings about code page, as well as abnormal behavior in other gis software.

Back