Can no longer rename Units after latest Update

BlindBison

1641169389485.png
HWiNFO UI -> gear icon -> custom tab -> RTSS -> Framerate -> Unit section (top right).

In the past/prior updates I could rename this to whatever I wanted (e.g. change FPS to F or / or whatever) -- I would just type it in under the Unit heading and hit Rename.

After the latest update this no longer works for some unknown reason and it always resets itself back to "FPS" no matter what I rename it to. I never have had this issue before, not sure what's up.

Thanks,

This is a known bug in latest version that has been discussed here a few times. It shall be fixed in the next build.

This is a known bug in latest version that has been discussed here a few times. It shall be fixed in the next build.
Thank you very much, my apologies.

As an aside I did notice one other issue that only occcurs when I update HWiNFO — I have a custom overlay where I change the decimal precision of GPU and CPU temps to just be rounded off to the closest whole number (e.g. 73.4 would display as 73, etc).

Whenever I update HWiNFO (this has happened each time I’ve updated it) specifically the GPU temp reverts to its default decimal numbers of precision while the rest of the custom setup remains as I had it.

So, it would seem just the temp field there gets reset after each update and I have to go in each time and reset it to round off.

Not a big deal or anything, I don’t mind redoing it post update but I just figured I’d mention it. There is the possibility I’m mixing up CPU temp and GPU temp, but it was only one of those two that was having its decimal precision reset post update and the other worked fine/stayed like I set it.

Thanks for your help and time, I love HWiNFO — such a great tool!

1641247017674.png
HWiNFO -> OSD (RTSS) -> "GPU Temperature"

I modify the decimal precision under the "Custom" tab -> Decimal digits here:1641247073939.png
(set to 0)

I perform the update always using the exe installer found here: https://www.hwinfo.com/download/

Thanks for your time, sorry to spam you. You do great work mate, thanks for such an excellent product!

This is quite strange as such an update does never change user-defined settings, just replaced the EXE file.

I can rename the units in hwinfo, but the user defined units do not transfer over in the rtss in-app overlay.

Instead of L/h, which is the rename and is displayed in the sensors window of hwinfo, in game I'm seeing C as hwinfo interprets the soft sensor from aquasuite as a temp sensor.

I can rename the units in hwinfo, but the user defined units do not transfer over in the rtss in-app overlay.

Instead of L/h, which is the rename and is displayed in the sensors window of hwinfo, in game I'm seeing C as hwinfo interprets the soft sensor from aquasuite as a temp sensor.

Which version of HWiNFO are you running, have you tried the latest Beta v7.17?

And which language are you using, default English or a different one perhaps?
Good ol’ American English.

After updating afterburner and rtss I tried again last night - still the same issue where the units rename in hwinfo but the incorrect original units are displayed in rtss osd.

Please try this build if the issue is still there: https://www.hwinfo.com/beta/hwi64_717_4666.zip
Not only did that build not work (still displaying the units as original C instead of the renamed L/h), it also did not recognize that I'd paid for the pro upgrade and was going to reset the shared memory every 12 hours!!

Thanks for trying to help me. Hopefully you can sort this out.

Again, Hwinfo's screen shows the renamed units, but it is sending the original units to RTSS OSD.

@Martin Just an update, I think I may have narrowed further what causes the GPU Temp to reset its decimal place precision -- I did not update HWiNFO this time (as a stable build has not yet released since I made this original post), but I just did a clean install of Nvidia's latest GPU driver and when I reboot the machine (required to install this time for some reason) the decimal place precision value had been reset in the HWiNFO overlay. I typically remove the decimal place precision and just display the rounded number so i've noticed that occasionally when doing updates (though in the past it was HWiNFO updates I had thought?) sometimes I have to go in and reset this GPU temp value so it rounds as I'd set it previously. Seems pretty weird that that would reset the "custom tab -> gpu temp" decimal precision value from 0 to 1 though, huh.

Thanks for your time and activity on these forums, the product is really amazing -- I use it all the time :) HWiNFO and RTSS are PC staples for gamers in my opinion. Thanks for your efforts,

Back