HWiNFO64 + Asus Z97 (Pro Gamer) + i4790K = vcore3 @1.8v

TheChill

Evening ladies and gentlemen,

I'm running an ASUS Z97 board (non-OC'd) with decent temps on idle (31c right now) and decent temps on full load (around 70c) - I'm liquid cooled - and HWiNFO seems to be reporting most everything as I'd expect.

However vcore3 (I'm missing vcore0 for some reason) is reporting 1.8v (rarely drops below).  And that's a big concern.  For the temps I'm getting I assume it is an incorrect reading - even more so since it doesn't fluctuate much, if at all - since vcore1 and vcore2 do fluctuate depending on load and are within the Voltages I'd expect.  (For what it's worth I'm running the latest stable and beta HWiNFO builds.)

Given that reported vcore3 at 1.8v, can any other ASUS Z97 users confirm an anomalous vcore3 (and a lack of vcore0) just to put my mind at rest?

Thanks,

Si.

Attachments

• High vcore3.jpg
    High vcore3.jpg
    348.4 KB · Views: 8
  • HWiNFO64.DBG
    704.6 KB · Views: 2
Please attach at least a screenshot of the sensors window showing the problematic values. A HWiNFO Debug File would be useful too.
You might also check with ASUS own tool (AI Suite) what values does it show and attach a screenshot.

Thanks for the added details.
HWiNFO currently lacks proper sensor support for your mainboard. This will be fixed in the next build ;)

Martin said:
Thanks for the added details.
HWiNFO currently lacks proper sensor support for your mainboard. This will be fixed in the next build ;)

Thanks for the prompt feedback.

So it's safe to say that my best friend in the whole wide world isn't running at the disturbingly high Voltages being reported, and I can sleep easy tonight? ;-)

Regards,

Si.

That's right :)
However after further checking it seems that your board doesn't support Vcore monitoring at all. ASUS reads VID instead and reports it as Vcore...

Martin said:
That's right :)
However after further checking it seems that your board doesn't support Vcore monitoring at all. ASUS reads VID instead and reports it as Vcore...

Now that's interesting, since if vcore3 isn't a VID (which it certainly doesn't appear to be) then what could it be..?  I don't so much enjoy investigating things in my old age, but this has me curious...

The value you see as "Vcore3" actually doesn't seem to be used at all.
This HWiNFO build: www.hwinfo.com/beta/hw64_523_2837.zip should fix the sensor values for your mainboard.
Note, that the new Vcore reported might still not provide correct values, especially when the CPU is idle. This seems to be the board limitation - as already said, ASUS doesn't report true Vcore either, but VID instead.

Hello,
Same thing here. the new files remove Vcore 1, 2 3, etc.
The standard version is fine anyways, as long as you look at the right values :)
++

bolc said:
Hello,
Same thing here. the new files remove Vcore 1, 2 3, etc.
The standard version is fine anyways, as long as you look at the right values :)
++

Do you have the same model (Z97-PRO Gamer) ? Are all values OK with the latest HWiNFO version ?

Just ignore those negative or unknown values - they come from not connected sensors.

Back