HWiNFO64 CPU Die (Average) Spike?

I am facing the same issue with Gigabyte b650 aorus elite ax

I also encounter this problem with a 7800x3d and a Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX rev 1.2 with the latest bios (FA1).
The "CPU Die average" has temperature spikes around 120-130 degrees Celsius when I play Starfield.
However, it appears that these peaks are not reflected in the AMD Adrenalin software.
Do you know which sensor is used by this software?

Nothing seems to be getting done about this apparently amd cannot replicate it but like more people are reporting this here everyday I think this must have always been a problem from the start it needs fixing

I just built a new 7950X3D system for 2 weeks and run fine without a glitch (normal use, no gaming just productivity with PBO enabled, no process lasso). Today this problem happened to me after i use process lasso for CPU affinity + cryptomining program. *sometimes i use mining software for benchmarking but without process lasso, this scary stuff never happened.
Tried to replicate it and record hwinfo log + process lasso setting. Btw, my hashrate going up by 9% after i apply the process lasso setting :eek:

SS + log attached

Attachments

• ScaryPic.PNG
    ScaryPic.PNG
    697 KB · Views: 15
  • scary.rar
    171.4 KB · Views: 2
I just built a new 7950X3D system for 2 weeks and run fine without a glitch (normal use, no gaming just productivity with PBO enabled, no process lasso). Today this problem happened to me after i use process lasso for CPU affinity + cryptomining program. *sometimes i use mining software for benchmarking but without process lasso, this scary stuff never happened.
Tried to replicate it and record hwinfo log + process lasso setting. Btw, my hashrate going up by 9% after i apply the process lasso setting :eek:

SS + log attached

It just goes to show that RMA is pointless for older AM5 users if you bought that CPU 2 weeks ago.

Patience please. We're discussing this internally... such things need time to reach the right channels, etc...

99.99% that it's a "software" (or better firmware/software) issue.
More than 24h later and numerous games played I think I have a decent idea of what the problem is. I tried running the same games where I got that error but this time without the built in AMD overlay for fps power gpu usage etc. No errors whatsoever. So it might be the case that the latest versions of hwinfo doesn't play well with the latest versions of AMD's software [probably the same issue on nvidia].

For those having issues just make sure to not activate or disable any other info display software [in my case it was AMD's built in overlay for the GPU] and see if the problem repeats. Having disabled that I had zero errors.

Turned adrenaline off completely and still does it it's not software I think it's the bios sending double the readings more of a glitch in bios

I'm having the same issue with a 5600 on a b550m steel legend. its boosting up to 4.3 showing normal cpu temps under load but that average die temp spikes up to 110 when i launch a game. I just want to know if I can continue using my pc as normal without worrying about something getting fried. from what I gather on this thread it seems to be a software bug although thats not confirmed yet but seeing how so many others are having this same issue I'm inclined to think it should be ok until a new update releases that fixes it. another thing I noted was that my power draw reached a max of 85w which I thought these chips were limited to the 65w even overclocked but I'm probably wrong about that. I'm wondering if the board is pulling to much power during certain moments and causing the spike but then normalizing quickly as to not fry anything.

UPDATE: well I'll be dammed......Last night before shutting down my pc there was a windows update and after running some tests again I can no longer reproduce the issue anymore. I tried opening several programs and games, ran some stress tests and all temps are showing as expected. I also noticed the power spike up to 85w went away and the max went back to 64w. No more spikes yet but I will come back to update this post if that changes. I wonder if the update fixed the issue but as long as I'm not seeing those red temps anymore I can have some peace of mind lol.

More than 24h later and numerous games played I think I have a decent idea of what the problem is. I tried running the same games where I got that error but this time without the built in AMD overlay for fps power gpu usage etc. No errors whatsoever. So it might be the case that the latest versions of hwinfo doesn't play well with the latest versions of AMD's software [probably the same issue on nvidia].

For those having issues just make sure to not activate or disable any other info display software [in my case it was AMD's built in overlay for the GPU] and see if the problem repeats. Having disabled that I had zero errors.
as someone who's worked with martin and gave him the debug files i can tell you overlays aren't the issue. I did extensive testing with amd's driver only and even windows basic driver and still got the crazy misreads of 2.4v on vsoc. I have vsoc locked at 1.2 so it's not going anywhere. I haven't paid attention yet to see if i still get it.

Seeing same behavior on ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-E + 7950X.
BIOS: 1807 (latest).
HWiNFO: 7.68-5300 (x64)

PC was mostly idle or on a very light load.

- MSI Afterburner running in background (using it only to tune down power limit for GPU)
- FanControl running in background

I notice that most likely what is happening - is data doubling on several reported fields, including voltage, temperature, current power, etc.
Also note some unrealistic values of 0 degrees C temperature (wish these ones were real tho :) )

I've enabled Debug mode and will update post when I will catch this again and also writing log of readings.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-01-05 220605.png
    Screenshot 2024-01-05 220605.png
    54.1 KB · Views: 16
Hi everyone, I have been following this forum and its relieving to see that others have been having similar issues!

I have been having similar issues with the following set up:

MB: GB Aorus Elite Ax (BIOS: F6)
Processor: Ryzen 7 7800x3d
RAM: Vengeance DDR5 CL36 5600 MHz 16 GB x 2
GPU: ASRock Phantom RX 7900 XTX
Cooler: Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix XT
PSU: CORSAIR 850W RMx SERIES™ MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET

HWInfo_Cpu_Read.png

Would someone be able to confirm that this is indeed the same issue everyone else has been having? It seems to me that a lot of the readings, be it soc voltage, current, die average temp etc have maximums that are almost 2 times their temporal averages.

Thanks in advance!

I am seeing a very important factor in play when looking through the thread everyone has a 7000 series gpu also maybe this could be the culprit

Back