InfoPanel - Desktop Visualisation Software

I will check it out im on the store vision tho not sure if all this new stuff is added yet, just happened to revisit forum cos i wanted to report a bug with cpu usage being reported wrong again.
Figured out the 24 hour format
Ah no, I usually update the store much later, due to the hassle and delay by MS review.

Managed to least fix the time displaying in 24 hour format, some bug i noticed that if sometimes need restart to configure infopanel , anyway my biggest request right now is setting to automaticly match start position with resolution of primary in my case on 3840
1683275955660.png
so if i set 2880 res in game or windows 3840 automaticly matches the max width or height depending which one i set to automaticly configure to my current resolution so my info panel always remains on same place regardless of resolution, there might be better fix for it, or perhaps could do easy duplicate profile button and then allow per resolution profiles regardless of it being primary or secondary that activate on certain resolutions.
I just had this figured out in rainmeter but then i found something better like infopanel but if not found out yet if i can make it stick in same position regardless of primary display resolution.
Infopanel is simple and easy to use fully customizeable altho can do that in rainmeter to im not good in writing rainmeter widgets and customizing it to my liking :D

I found a annoying bug. If in HwInfo a Custom Sensor is used, InfoPanel is Crashing HwInfo on start somehow. The Custom Sensor shows up in InfoPanel if HWinfo is started first..
if InfoPanel is started first HWinfo crashes.

Edit: oh great now its not doing this anymore. i have no idea why tho.

Edit2: Ok got it to crash again. If InfoPanel is running and a NEW CustomSensor is setup (New Device) then Hwinfo is started, HWinfo will crash. If Hwinfo is started First, it will work and will never crash again even if you setup more Values to the Custom Sensor.

Last edited:
Are you able to see them in hwinfo? If you can’t, this software won’t be able to either. If you can, could you post a screenshot?
I can see them in HWinfo software itself and other software like MSI burner and AIDA64. The only place I cannot see collective average sensors is when I use InfoPanel, the sensors do not exist. Instead I see only the individual bits from the dropdown of the collective unit. For example CPU core 1, 2, 3, etc but not CPU core which is the average. I have tried everything I could I thought this was a bug. Are you able to see them on your end?

I found a annoying bug. If in HwInfo a Custom Sensor is used, InfoPanel is Crashing HwInfo on start somehow. The Custom Sensor shows up in InfoPanel if HWinfo is started first..
if InfoPanel is started first HWinfo crashes.

Edit: oh great now its not doing this anymore. i have no idea why tho.

Edit2: Ok got it to crash again. If InfoPanel is running and a NEW CustomSensor is setup (New Device) then Hwinfo is started, HWinfo will crash. If Hwinfo is started First, it will work and will never crash again even if you setup more Values to the Custom Sensor.
Hmm, I certainly don't do anything that would crash HWiNFO. Perhaps @Martin could look into this? Maybe a locking issue when SHM is read and custom sensor is added causing the crash?

A
I can see them in HWinfo software itself and other software like MSI burner and AIDA64. The only place I cannot see collective average sensors is when I use InfoPanel, the sensors do not exist. Instead I see only the individual bits from the dropdown of the collective unit. For example CPU core 1, 2, 3, etc but not CPU core which is the average. I have tried everything I could I thought this was a bug. Are you able to see them on your end?
Actually, I've noticed this since the beginning. I thought that those collective values were not in SHM and ignored it. Sorry to keep tagging you @Martin , but is it in SHM? I cannot find it or I may have missed it.

Custom User sensors are in SHM as any other.
I suspect this problem might be because you're holding the handle to SHM all the time. When a user adds/removes a new sensor, HWiNFO needs to reinitialize the SHM structure which first needs to invalidate/close the handle. If another application is holding this handle, this can result in a lockout and sometimes crash of HWiNFO. Not sure if opening in read-only mode by other apps would solve this.
Can you try to open/close the SHM handle in each loop in your app?
The crash should be easily reproducible by having a custom sensor reg file ready. Start HWiNFO and InfoPanel without the custom sensor used and then run the reg file to store the custom user data into registry. This should force HWiNFO to re-initialize the SHM and see what happens.

i have the Jonsbo D31 screen case with display.
i beleive its 1280x800 resolution.
do i just install the latest hwinfo64 and download the infopanel 1.1 from microsoft store?
is there a video example of how to get started?
i have seen some example guides but not really a video tutorial.
thanks
keep up the excellent work (i hear) :) since i havent used it yet.
aida for $60 for this is crazy.
i have used live wallpaper and its nice but uses quite a bit of gpu power on my rx 550

Custom User sensors are in SHM as any other.
I suspect this problem might be because you're holding the handle to SHM all the time. When a user adds/removes a new sensor, HWiNFO needs to reinitialize the SHM structure which first needs to invalidate/close the handle. If another application is holding this handle, this can result in a lockout and sometimes crash of HWiNFO. Not sure if opening in read-only mode by other apps would solve this.
Can you try to open/close the SHM handle in each loop in your app?
The crash should be easily reproducible by having a custom sensor reg file ready. Start HWiNFO and InfoPanel without the custom sensor used and then run the reg file to store the custom user data into registry. This should force HWiNFO to re-initialize the SHM and see what happens.
Hi Martin, apologies, I have not had the time to debug this. I am holding on to the handle, but in read only mode. Also, assuming I open/close it 4-5 times per second, wouldn't that just reduce the error window (sorta like a race condition?).

i have the Jonsbo D31 screen case with display.
i beleive its 1280x800 resolution.
do i just install the latest hwinfo64 and download the infopanel 1.1 from microsoft store?
is there a video example of how to get started?
i have seen some example guides but not really a video tutorial.
thanks
keep up the excellent work (i hear) :) since i havent used it yet.
aida for $60 for this is crazy.
i have used live wallpaper and its nice but uses quite a bit of gpu power on my rx 550
Thank you!
I do recommend you to download 1.1.4 from the site https://infopanel.pages.dev/
It has much needed fixes for better multi monitor support.

Hi Martin, apologies, I have not had the time to debug this. I am holding on to the handle, but in read only mode. Also, assuming I open/close it 4-5 times per second, wouldn't that just reduce the error window (sorta like a race condition?).

I have no other ideas how to solve such case, so opening/releasing the handle should solve this case. I don't think that should have noticeable negative impact on performance.
Similar would apply to any situation when the number of sensors changes during runtime, i.e. if someone connects a new machine via the remote monitoring feature. In such case the shared memory structure needs to be rebuilt.

@urfath3r
May I ask you, if you had allready the time to play arround with the turing displays? I am totally curious about it, sorry. :rolleyes:
Honestly, not much. D4 just dropped :rolleyes:

Some updates, Turing has older screens and newer 5" screen. I would probably be able to get the older ones out soon, and the 5" one a month or so later.

Very good to know that they will be supported soon. Cant wait to make the 5" display more usefull. Good luck for your work.

Is it right that you speak about the Turzx 3,5" as the "older" and the Turzx 5" the "new one"?

Last edited:
Very good to know that they will be supported soon. Cant wait to make the 5" display more usefull. Good luck for your work.

Is it right that you speak about the Turzx 3,5" as the "older" and the Turzx 5" the "new one"?
Yup thats right.

Uh oh I updated to 1.1.4 and multiple screen support just stopped working. I have a 1024x600 screen for showing stats and it needs -600px Y offset to be on that screen. However when I put in the number nothing happens. If I drag it manually on that screen, the panel just snaps back on the main screen. My guess is that it thinks that panel is outside of the window so it just snaps it back? In that case is there an option to just disable snapping and force it go beyond the screen?
UPD: I checked and panel can actually go beyond the screen limits but doesn't move to any screen. It just always snaps back to main screen. Am I doing something wrong here?

Last edited:
Uh oh I updated to 1.1.4 and multiple screen support just stopped working. I have a 1024x600 screen for showing stats and it needs -600px Y offset to be on that screen. However when I put in the number nothing happens. If I drag it manually on that screen, the panel just snaps back on the main screen. My guess is that it thinks that panel is outside of the window so it just snaps it back? In that case is there an option to just disable snapping and force it go beyond the screen?
UPD: I checked and panel can actually go beyond the screen limits but doesn't move to any screen. It just always snaps back to main screen. Am I doing something wrong here?
Hello. Yeap it’s a known issue. Fixed in 1.1.5 which is still in beta. Could you hop on our discord and download it from there? I will be releasing it soon pending some confirmation on the other features.

Hello. Yeap it’s a known issue. Fixed in 1.1.5 which is still in beta. Could you hop on our discord and download it from there? I will be releasing it soon pending some confirmation on the other features.
Just tried, works flawlessly and even fixes a position reset issue I had after app restarts. Thank you!

Back