Samurize plug-in for HWiNFO

Hi,

I am attempting to use the Samurize plugin and follow the included instructions. I am having difficulty creating the file that identifies the sensor indices and types. Testing the function yields "OK: information file created" but no file exists. Is there anybody that can help troubleshoot this.

Thanks in advance.

-CL

sayonara-p said:
Thank you too for your help :)
I hope it's useful to Samurize users.

chupalo said:
Hi,

I am attempting to use the Samurize plugin and follow the included instructions. I am having difficulty creating the file that identifies the sensor indices and types. Testing the function yields "OK: information file created" but no file exists. Is there anybody that can help troubleshoot this.

Thanks in advance.

-CL

sayonara-p said:
Thank you too for your help :)
I hope it's useful to Samurize users.

Hi. Sorry for the delay, but I haven't visited this forum in a while. Anyway, I think I can help you.

In my case I'm reinstalling this in Windows 8.1 64 bits and I'm experiencing the same problem, and this seems a permission issue.
Starting Samurize config tool as Administrator didn't help. Actually, I couldn't even open any config file.
So I tried an absolute path after selecting the "GetAll" function. In my case, with "D:\debug.txt" I was able to create the file.

Hope it helps and hope it's not too late.

Hello all, I'm looking for the HWinfo64 plugin for Samurize, but the Samurize website is half down, so I can't donwload it ^^ Does anyone have the files to share ?

Thanks a lot ! :D

Thanks a lot, I'm already using Rainmeter, but the Samurize skin editor is much easier to use, so i wanted to try it ;)

hey, i am 1 of 2 peoples in the world still using samurize :p

with new version of hwinfo, samurize plugin doesnt work proper anymore.

creating information file doesnt work and returns me an error.
after disabling monitoring of smart and hard drives in hwinfo, information file is created successfully, but some sensors shown in hw arent listed in the info file he created (e.g. fan state in % / gpu power is missing on my gtx 670)

any idea how to fix it?

I'm afraid the Samurize plugin will need updating to keep with new HWiNFO features.
There's currently another redesign of the interface between HWiNFO and plug-ins ongoing to improve sensor indexing...

so i hope u can rework it a little bit - simpliefied u just need to change the adress-range he scans for values, right? ;-)

rainmeter works very good, but to make a own config is way to difficult or better it takes way to much time.

so thank u for your work till now!

Unfortunately I have no time to keep developing this plugin. But I can provide source code (DevC++ project) to anyone who wants to give it a shot and update it to make it work with new versions of HWiNFO.

I still strongly recommend to use Rainmeter over Samurize, though. There's pretty much nothing you can do with Samurize that you can't do with Rainmeter. I know the way to edit your own skin (ini files) may seem a pain, but once you get used to it, it's actually better than a visual editor like Samurize's one, in my experience.
Plus Samurize is a dead project. Its site is down since months (maybe more than a year or so) and almost no one is still working on plugins and skins for it.

you are completly right and my thoughts moved to the same direction.

so i "wasted" last weekend to get along with rainmeter and wrote a config similar to my samurize config.
i'm still missing some features, but its not essentialy to have them (alert meters, x-scaling of graphs, number of horizontal lines in graphs, etc.).
It's not ready yet, but the time u need to make a good cfg is a few times more than it was in the samurize editor. apart from that rainmeter makes the better job.

thank u very much!

I have created a spin off site for Samurize. Need people to get back into it. I will find source code for samurize eventually, as it needs to be updated. No one has registered yet, but its a place to discuss everything related to Samurize. Samurize is far better than rainmeter IMO. www.samurize.org

Attachments

• rainmeter-samurize.jpg
    rainmeter-samurize.jpg
    186.9 KB · Views: 57
Back