CPU Fan Speeding Reading is very high RPM and not correct value when using Corsair H100i RGB Platinum

junglejurge

Hello, can someone please help me understand why my CPU fan speed is giving me a reading of 4000+ RPMS when I know this to be false. I have a corsair H100i RGB platinum AIO cooler for the CPU with two fans. The fans are plugged into the AIO cooler and the header for the AIO cooler is plugged into the CPU fan header. HWInfo does recognize my AIO cooler and is giving me correct readings of the fan speeds and pump speeds, which all aligns with the corsair ICUE software readings of the speeds. They are about 700 RPMS for both fans and around 2000 RPMS for the pump. However my CPU fan reading is very high, 4000+ RPMS.

I am using an asus b450-f Gaming MB, I have attached a photo of the readings from HWinfo and Corsair ICUE
HWInfo Readings.PNG

Last edited:
I know this is three years, later but I'm discovering the same issue on my Aorus X570 Pro Wifi and Corsair H100i RGB Pro XT. Did you ever find out why the speeds don't match?

Which exact value is wrong for you, does the Corsair sensor show correct RPM? If the fan is connected to a mainboard fan header with a splitter it can show invalid value on that header.

Which exact value is wrong for you, does the Corsair sensor show correct RPM? If the fan is connected to a mainboard fan header with a splitter it can show invalid value on that header.
The Corsair sensor shows the correct RPM value. Like the original poster I have the fans plugged into the the three pin fan connector which is coming off the aio pump itself which is also plugged into the cpu_fan port on my motherboard like the instructions say from Corsair.

So sounds like the aios wire for the fans is acting like a fan splitter which is why hwinfo doesn’t show the right data.

Back