HWiNFO64 disables the RGB leds on my RTX 3080 Gaming X trio when its launched.

Dannyz

Posted this one reddit but also decided to post here, hoping someone from the support team would see it.

original post here
Where I explained that my RTX 3080's RGBs would randomly shut off.

They would always come back on after a cold boot. So at one moment when I had booted up the system, and clicked on launching HWiNFO (sensors only) I saw the lights turn off again at the same instant the application launched. Just to be sure I turned off the system and tried to replicate the same thing and yep, the lights turned off immediately.

Here's a little clip https://streamable.com/jyluw7

Not sure, if the HWiNFO team is aware of this, However just wanted to put this out there in case anyone was encountering the same problems. For the record I also have a 2080 Super Gaming X trio and it would never do this despite running HWiNFO to monitor hardware stats. Pretty interesting occurrence.

Build 4271 posted above has been pulled as this fix is included in all future releases, available since v6.33-4275 Beta.

Have you flashed a VBIOS from a different vendor into your GPU like some do? If yes, HWiNFO has no way to know it's MSI and can't apply the proper workaround, so you will need to disable GPU I2C Support in HWiNFO.

Please try this build and let me know if it fixes the problem: www.hwinfo.com/beta/hwi64_633_4271.zip

heeey hi there!! I just registered this forum because of this.
May I ask the opposite? like turning off my RGB of my MSI RTX 3080 Gaming X trio

You'll see, the only way that MSI provides to turn the RGB off is to basically force the user to install a bloated software called DRAGON CENTER that takes out performance from the pc and installs a lot of completely unnecesary services. Trust me, is like "the remedy is worst than the problem".

But if your tool somehow manages to turn only the RGB off without doing anything else it would be amazing.
So can you please add an option so the user can select to turn it off or on?
and I repeat....only that setting without altering anything else... it could be a heavenly solution.
Because I can see way too many people asking for the same as I keep finding them asking on several forums looking for this exact alternative as I explained.

Thanks for your attention. :)

heeey hi there!! I just registered this forum because of this.
May I ask the opposite? like turning off my RGB of my MSI RTX 3080 Gaming X trio

You'll see, the only way that MSI provides to turn the RGB off is to basically force the user to install a bloated software called DRAGON CENTER that takes out performance from the pc and installs a lot of completely unnecesary services. Trust me, is like "the remedy is worst than the problem".

But if your tool somehow manages to turn only the RGB off without doing anything else it would be amazing.
So can you please add an option so the user can select to turn it off or on?
and I repeat....only that setting without altering anything else... it could be a heavenly solution.
Because I can see way too many people asking for the same as I keep finding them asking on several forums looking for this exact alternative as I explained.

Thanks for your attention. :)

Disabling of RGB lightning was just an unintentional side-effect of HWiNFO and what was happening was most likely not the right way how to do it.
So sorry, but such a feature is not planned.

Back