If you Support Alienware M18x Fan Control..will you please support it on Dell M6600?

RXWatcher

Should be pretty much the same. As far as I know, we're limited in our fan control options with this beast.

Thank you!
-Jim

Why do you assume it should be pretty much same, is Compal the ODM of this model ?
Please send me a complete Report File and Debug File including sensor data (open sensors before creating a report/debug file) for analysis.

Martin said:
Why do you assume it should be pretty much same, is Compal the ODM of this model ?
Please send me a complete Report File and Debug File including sensor data (open sensors before creating a report/debug file) for analysis.

Because I'm ignorant and I assumed a machine from the same company with similar specs would have the same abilities. I apologize for my assumption.

Would you please look over the attached file and tell me if its possible and who the ODM is if its info is in there?

[attachment=196]

Attachments

• MINSRVJCOLE73.zip
    15.2 KB · Views: 6
No problem, it was not offense meant..
At the first look I don't think this design is internally similar to M18x.
But in the Report I'm missing sensor information (you didn't open Sensors prior to creating the Report) and you also didn't include the Debug File.

I looked this time and the sensor data is in there however where is the debug information stored? I had the debug check box checked last time as I did this time.

If you dont see it, please let me know and I'll run another for you.

Thank you again for taking the time to look this over,
-Jim

[attachment=198]

Attachments

• MINSRVJCOLE732.zip
    17.3 KB · Views: 1
If you have the Debug Mode enabled, then proceed with HWiNFO, open sensors for a while and close all. Then you should see a HWiNFO64.DBG file in the folder where HWiNFO64 is installed. Please forward this file.

Martin said:
If you have the Debug Mode enabled, then proceed with HWiNFO, open sensors for a while and close all. Then you should see a HWiNFO64.DBG file in the folder where HWiNFO64 is installed. Please forward this file.

As you asked..

[attachment=199]

Attachments

• HWiNFO64.zip
    123.9 KB · Views: 3
Thanks.. I really seems to be a different internal design than M18x.
Have you tried the i8kfangui tool which should be able to control fans on DELL machines?

Martin said:
Thanks.. I really seems to be a different internal design than M18x.
Have you tried the i8kfangui tool which should be able to control fans on DELL machines?

I will have to take another shot at it. The i8kfangui tool appears to be dead since there hasnt been any updates related to the Signed Driver issue on Win7. I tried some of the methods listed in the forum as a workaround but when launching the app my laptop blue screens on the fanio.sys driver so obviously I'm doing something incorrectly or the fanio.sys isnt compatible.

I will give it another go.

Thank you for your time,
-Jim

Thanks, I already have this. HWiNFO already supports reading of fan speeds using the same interface as i8kfangui does (DELL DIAG SMI).
However, this interface doesn't allow to set any custom fan speed (RPM), but only 2-3 levels (off, low, high). At least I'm not aware of such a fully custom method yet..

Back