Unable to load a driver on this device - Driver: HWiNFO AMD64 Kernel Driver

gio24ita

hi, today after updating my pc this message popped up on the screen.

Could you help me understand what it is and above all how to fix it? Thank you

Translation error:
The driver cannot be loaded because it is not compatible with a Windows security mitigation called Hardware-enforced stack protection. You can disable this security mitigation by clicking the Disable button below and restarting your device. This operation, however, will downgrade the security of the device.

Attachments

• Immagine 2023-05-11 145130.png
    Immagine 2023-05-11 145130.png
    121.8 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Which version of HWiNFO are you using? You should upgrade to the latest v7.46 which fixes this issue.

Hello there,

I'm having the same issue, after last windows update, and I didn't even have hwinfo installed, though I had in the past (but I made a fresh install from win10 to win11 a month ago more or less). Italian version too. I installed last hwinfo version now but the message pop up again when I restart Windows.

Thank you

Hello there,

I'm having the same issue, after last windows update, and I didn't even have hwinfo installed, though I had in the past (but I made a fresh install from win10 to win11 a month ago more or less). Italian version too. I installed last hwinfo version now but the message pop up again when I restart Windows.

Thank you

Are you using v7.46? What exact message do you get?

Are you using v7.46? What exact message do you get?
Yes, version 7.46, just installed it today, after receiving that message and reading this thread. I didn't even have hwinfo installed, really strange. The message is exactly as the OP's above.

Here it is. I just opened and closed hwinfo in debug mode. Hope it is ok, or let me know if you need something more specific.

I also attached the image of the message with the opened hwinfo window beside.

I only did a few restarts, but it seems that it only happens when I restart the pc, and not when I shut it down and turn it on again after a few seconds.

Edit: in case it wasn't clear, I received this message starting from today, after a windows update, even before I installed hwinfo. I did not have hwinfo on my system since after the clean install about 1 month ago.

Attachments

• HWiNFO64.zip
    889.7 KB · Views: 1
  • Senza titolo.gif
    Senza titolo.gif
    53.8 KB · Views: 5
Thanks, but according to that data HWiNFO works even despite that message. If Windows would block the driver, HWiNFO would not be able to start.
So I'm wondering what's going on here.. Maybe you have 2 different copies of HWiNFO installed on the system in different locations and one of them (an older version) is automatically started after boot?

Not that I know, really. I have nothing on tasks manager. Moreover, I did a clean install of win 11 (formatted all drive) and did not reinstall hwinfo before having that message. Very strange indeed!

There is some other application that could use or install that driver? How can I check more deeply (other then task manager info) if something starts automatically using that driver on boot?

Indeed, it could be another application using the HWiNFO SDK and its (older) driver. There are many such applications..

Maybe I found it, could it be FPS Monitor? (https://fpsmon.com). I found an "HWiNFO64.dll" in its folder, tried to open the software and the sensors give no data.

Something I could do to solve it before (maybe) they update?

Yes, that's it for sure.
I'm afraid there's nothing you can do unless they update it. For the time being, you will need to disable Hardware-enforced Stack Protection if you want to use FPS Monitor.

After updating to the latest Windows 11 (OS-build 22621.1702) then I was told the same thing as OP.
Installing latest version of HWiNFO (v7.46) fixed the problem. Just thought people wanted to know ;)

Back