ASUS Ryzen Motherboards overheating / faulty temperature sensor problem.

beProsto

Hello, I am not sure where to post about it yet, so I came here.

A couple days ago I had a first time occasion to stress-test my cpu (R5 3600) in occt.
Before stressing it, I checked out some temperatures the program was detecting.
What peaked my intrest was a sensor named "Temp2" on the mobo, that was picking up some very high temps.
92 C in fact.

Of course i got scared, not a single part on the motherboard, at least in my mind should be overheating that much at almost no load.
So I installed hwinfo to confirm what I had seen.
And to my fright, it was true. It seemed like some part of my motherboard was, seemingly for no good reason, staying at 92 C.
I measured that certain temperature a couple times over the last couple of weeks, mostly seeing the same results; the temperature is either fixed at a high number, such as 92 C, or is bouncing between some range such as 91 to 93 C.

Keep in mind that it is not some random weird motherboard with a weak VRM section, It's an ASUS' "tuf gaming B550-plus" (the wifi one, but that doesn't really matter).

What I also found out while researching a fix for this problem, is that some other people (mostly the ones with a new series ryzen mobo from asus) also have it.
Here's a little list I've compiled of some of these:

To me it's all weird and strange and umm. Yeah.
Does anyone have any idea about what is going on, why these temps are so high and all that?
Could these sensors be broken or something?
If so - why would it appear at least once on all those different mobos?

I'm highly confused.

I'd just like to either have someone tell me it's not broken, or how to fix it, cuz a pc with something making such a heat inside wouldn't seem long-lasting.
Also; I can't provide you with the data on how hot the components actually are (I don't own any distance temperometers, as much as I'd like to, cuz then i could maybe see if it really is some kind of an overheating problem).

Attachments

• WeirdSensorTemps.png
    WeirdSensorTemps.png
    41.6 KB · Views: 8
Back