2Stoned

Hi there

Most of my sensor data is there right after the start of HWiNFO64 on WIndows 10. Additional fan speed reports pop up only after the fans run for a while - in one case even then not persistently.
Two fans are especially problematic: The onboard PCH fan (X570 chipset cooler), which appears rather late in HWiNFO64 and "System 5" (there are 6 system fans), which often does not appear at all, even though Gigabyte System Information Viewer reports varying fan speeds.

A workaround for the PCH cooler to show up is to set the cooling profile to "performance", which increases the fan speed. However, this does not work for System 5.

Specs:
Mainboard: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Ultra
CPU: AMD Ryzen 3950X

Connected Fans:
CPU: Noctua NH-D15 [PWM]
CPU_Opt: BeQuiet! Pure Wings 2 [V]
System 2: Noctua NF-A14 PWM
System 4: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 PWM Fan Control -> Pure Wings 2 [V]
System 5: Noctua NF-A14 PWM
System 6: Noctua NF-A14 PWM
PCH: onboard

Is there a way to enforce an early detection of fans and sensors? If I can provide any further info regarding this issue, do not hesitate to point it out. ;)

Thanks in advance!

There's no way to force fan detection yet. Fan values appear in the list only if they provide a valid non-zero value, once they do so, they will remain in the list until next launch.
This is because when a fan reports 0 RPM it's not possible to tell whether it's currently not spinning or not connected at all.

Thank you for your reply.

What could be the reason for the spinning, yet not reported fan? SIV reports changing speeds for this fan. HWi does not list it - but it has listed it in the past!

This could indicate some issue reading the fan speed.
Does the fan appear later in the list or not at all? If it does appear, is it sometimes shown with grey color?

It appeared after a couple of hours, at least it shows up by then in the csv-file. Previously, it was present from the start, but I might have changed the cooling-profile. But as I said: even though it is running it is not reported right away.

I will have to check whether or not it is shown in gray later!

Back