Monitor CPU and GPU fan RPM on Clevo laptops

Hello Martin,

today I installed the newest Update and the Fan is well recognized for the Clevo W230SD!

Thanks a lot!  :D

Hello Martin,

I have a Clevo W740SU and I can't see any RPM with the application (nor with any other app like Speedfan). I've attached the two files that you may need to support this laptop.

Really thank you!

Attachments

• Clevo-W740SU.HTM
    308 KB · Views: 2
  • Clevo-W740SU.DBG
    766.1 KB · Views: 1
Glarva said:
Hello Martin,

I have a Clevo W740SU and I can't see any RPM with the application (nor with any other app like Speedfan). I've attached the two files that you may need to support this laptop.

Really thank you!

Thanks. Since you haven't provided the EC dump made using RW-Everything and also haven't stated how many fans this model supports, I'll add your model assuming it's similar to W840AU and thus has only 1 fan.
If this is not the case, please let me know.

Martin said:
Thanks. Since you haven't provided the EC dump made using RW-Everything and also haven't stated how many fans this model supports, I'll add your model assuming it's similar to W840AU and thus has only 1 fan.
If this is not the case, please let me know.

I've just attached the EC dump from that software, let me know if that is what you were looking for.

This model W740SU has two fans thou,
http://www.notebookcheck.net/fileadmin/Notebooks/Schenker/S413/Wartung.jpg

Thanks!

Attachments

• EC6662.zip
    755 bytes · Views: 8
Thanks. Unfortunately in the dump you attached it seems that both fans are off. Have you made the dump while the fans were spinning ?
Best would be if you could attach 2 dumps when you're sure the fans are spinning at medium and high speed.

I've attached a zip file with different dumps.

I've also checked the temperature of the different cores while in desktop and on full processing load, and the thing is the values are very high (around 99 ºC), but they never go over 99. Is there a possibility that the EC is reporting (and evaluating) the CPU load as temperature? I think so because the air that goes out from the laptop at full speed is not hot at all. :huh:

Thanks!

Attachments

• EC6662_speeds.zip
    2.2 KB · Views: 3
No, the EC has no idea about CPU load. I assume your CPU starts throttling at ~99C - you should be able to see the "Thermal Throttling" status.

Martin said:
No, the EC has no idea about CPU load. I assume your CPU starts throttling at ~99C - you should be able to see the "Thermal Throttling" status.

You're right. The CPU throttling was the responsible of that weird behavior. I got to fix it through Power plan options on Windows.
Thank you!

You're welcome, the next HWiNFO build should support fan speed reading on your model.

Hi Martin.

Could you please add Fan Speed support for Clevo P650RS Notebooks?
I attached the necessary EC Dumps.
Thank you in advance.

mfg
Markus

Attachments

• p650rs.zip
    18.7 KB · Views: 3
brainonastick said:
Hi Martin.

Could you please add Fan Speed support for Clevo P650RS Notebooks?
I attached the necessary EC Dumps.
Thank you in advance.

mfg
Markus

Hi Markus,
thank you for the dumps. I'll add support of this model in the next HWiNFO (Beta) build.

Hi Martin,

attached are two EC logs (fans at normal and at full) for clevo p775dm3 respectively p775dm3-g.
Would be cool if you could add support to read the fans.

Cheers
David

Attachments

• RWEverything.zip
    1.6 KB · Views: 3
qon said:
Hi Martin,

attached are two EC logs (fans at normal and at full) for clevo p775dm3 respectively p775dm3-g.

Cheers
David

Thanks, but please attach the HWiNFO Report File too.

Martin said:
qon said:
Hi Martin,

Cheers
David

Thanks, but please attach the HWiNFO Report File too.

Sorry, my fault, hwinfo report attached.

Martin said:
Sorry, but I don't see it attached.

Hm, strange, attaching only works when I zip the log.
(Didn't check that it actually attached the file last time.)

Attachments

• clevo.zip
    17.2 KB · Views: 1
Hi Martin,

just in case you are interested to add some more values:
Address 0xCE reveals the duty cycle of the CPU fan (0 = 0%, 255 = 100%).
It for sure works on my p775dm3-g model (hwinfo log attached few posts ago), and probably for all clevo models with this EC according to some other forum posts I have seen.

Address 0xCF reveals the GPU fan cycle for p775dm3, but it only works when the clevo control center is running and after fan profile is changed in there. Otherwise, the value there seems to be stuck. I do not know if this is a bug with my system or general behavior. I'll post again in case I find out.

Cheers
qon

Back