Monitor CPU and GPU fan RPM on Clevo laptops

Hey I made a measurement and the report log:

3 pictures one in idle state fans off or pretty low, one in mid load fans running and one load and maximum fans through software switch.

Hope thats enough?

[attachment=1838]
idle
[attachment=1839]
mid fan
[attachment=1840]
max fan
[attachment=1841]

Attachments

• Clevo_P651RE.HTM
    136.9 KB · Views: 4
  • idle.JPG
    idle.JPG
    338.4 KB · Views: 4
  • midload.JPG
    midload.JPG
    345.4 KB · Views: 4
  • maxfan.JPG
    maxfan.JPG
    341.5 KB · Views: 4
Thanks, that's what I needed. Your model will be added in the next HWiNFO build ;)

I know where to read the current fan speeds, but don't know how to change them - it's a different register.
The new update should be available in a few days..

Hi Martin,

I've put the needed information for the Clevo W230ST together:

• Single Fan
  • Read EC Offset 208 / D0D1 with 2 byte length
  • Formula (32768 * 60) / N_ticks) seems to provide realistic results
  • 00 00 -> fan OFF / 0 RPM
  • 06 73 -> 1190 RPM (lowest speed)
  • 01 DE -> 4113 RPM (full speed)
Regarding the model name.. I think there are many different names that ultimately are the Clevo W230ST, e.g.:
  • [font=Arial, Helvetica, Tahoma, sans-serif]Style-Note W230ST (my BIOS / EC)[/font]
  • [font=Arial, Helvetica, Tahoma, sans-serif]Schenker XMG P303 [/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, Tahoma, sans-serif]Pro[/font]
  • [font=Arial, Helvetica, Tahoma, sans-serif]One K33-3E[/font]
  • [font=Arial, Helvetica, Tahoma, sans-serif]Sager NP7330[/font]
  • [font=Arial, Helvetica, Tahoma, sans-serif]...[/font]
[font=Arial, Helvetica, Tahoma, sans-serif]Thanks for adding this to HWiNFO =)[/font]

Attachments

• ClevoW230ST.HTM
    103.5 KB · Views: 6
Thanks :) I'll add that one too. But need a few more details:
Does that model have only 1 fan ? Others might be at D2/D3, D4/D5 if present.
I'll also need to know the content of 07, 0A, 0B - they might contain the temperature.

As for the other model names, I'll need a HWiNFO Report File to know which exact strings are used in the system, so I can assign them in HWiNFO.

Alright!
That model does only have one fan. Its the predecessor to the W230SS - almost everything should be the same (only different GPU I think). Its very likely that the model name should be similar to the W230SS model.. just replace S with T and this configuration fits at least 2 models :)

Values of offset 07
37 idle / low temp
5E load / high temp
(seems valid to me)

Values of offset 0A and 0B are always 0

Cheers!

Hello Martin,

i got almost the same model, the W230SD. It's the same model like the W230SS in the previous post, only difference should be the 960m instead of 860m graphics. Attached you can also find the HWInfo report, maybe it's quite easily possible to add this one too :)

I don't really know how to get the values zody gave to you. If you need more information, please tell me how to provide it, attached you can find my HWInfo Report.

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• XMGA305.HTM
    169.5 KB · Views: 2
Hi Homer, I'll just assume that the W230SD is same as W230SS (and W230ST), so I'll will add it for the next build and you'll see if it's OK ;)
Can you confirm that this model has just 1 fan? Because the other W230 seem to...

Yes, only 1 fan and the hardware should be the same in all these 3 models. I'm using a prema bios, I don't know if this can influence the detection of the fan. Anyway I will report!

Martin,

I wonder if the same kind of solution would work for me.  I have a Clevo P750D-G from Sager that shows up as "Notebook" for manufacturer.  it should be almost identical to the P751ZM from last year. It has one fan each for the CPU and GPU.  Let me know if you need more and I'll try to get some info in between hard shutdowns from trying to trace what I think is a problem with one of the fans or the motherboard...

Thanks!

-Chris Mills

cdmills81 said:
Martin,

I wonder if the same kind of solution would work for me.  I have a Clevo P750D-G from Sager that shows up as "Notebook" for manufacturer.  it should be almost identical to the P751ZM from last year. It has one fan each for the CPU and GPU.  Let me know if you need more and I'll try to get some info in between hard shutdowns from trying to trace what I think is a problem with one of the fans or the motherboard...

Thanks!

-Chris Mills

I'll need at least the HWiNFO Report File to add this model based on the assumption that it works the same way as some others.
But it would be better if you could also provide the RW-Everything EC dumps (see a few posts above).

Martin said:
cdmills81 said:
Martin,

Thanks!

-Chris Mills

I'll need at least the HWiNFO Report File to add this model based on the assumption that it works the same way as some others.
But it would be better if you could also provide the RW-Everything EC dumps (see a few posts above).

Ah. My mistake.  I had this all typed up and ready to go when my computer shut down again.

Attachments

• O-Clevo-P750DM.HTM
    156.6 KB · Views: 3
Back